Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Burton Preschool

Today was Grace's third day at Burton preschool, and I stayed to volunteer today.  She did ok, but since I was there she was more clingy, and cried a bit during circle time, so I am going to not volunteer anymore just so that she can get everything she possibly can out of class.  But it was so fun :)  She played in the water table with rubber dinosaurs, there were puzzles, blocks with rubber people, Mr. Potato Heads, the reading "house" and the kitchen center.  She had a great time!  We went to the gymnasium to play with hula hoops, balls, and scooters.  She couldn't do the scooter on her bottom, but when I had her lay on her tummy, she did great!  She did an army crawl on it all over.  I loved watching her play with her friends!  There was more playtime in the class for a while, and then circle time :)  They have two children sit in baskets because they need the comfort of a confined space to calm them, so that was interesting to see.  Grace didn't listen very well at this point.  I think it was because I was there, and a kid took a book from her and so she had her feelings hurt.  I loved that she wanted me of course, but I would also like to see her be independent!  But I know she does great because I hear about it because her teacher tells me so. 

All in all, a wonderful morning in preschool.  After that, we had grilled cheese and banana for lunch, but I had to rush off to school for an hour class.  She was napping by the time I got home, then went on a bikeride with Daddy once she woke up so I could get some homework done, and then we got to go to a friends house for a lasagna dinner and truffles for dessert!!!  YUMMY!

Now we are home, I am watching the season finale of Masterchef, and Little Miss is in bed.

That's all for today :)


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)