09/26/2012
I am so excited about Grace's first day of preschool! Of course I didn't get to be the one to take her, or get to observe her during class, but I'm glad Daddy got to take her. He took her in the truck, and that was a disaster! For preschool, they do a dropoff vehicle line and the teachers pick them up outside...well the line was out the driveway and down the street when he got there! So he rode the bike to pick her up. It took about 9 minutes, which is about the same amount of time with a vehicle (because of traffic, so many lights, college students crossing the streets at EVERY intersection!). He got a paper from them that shows EXACTLY what they did in preschool!!!! And they hand it out weekly, which I'm so excited about! Here was what they did...
Ideas to Emphasize:
There are many parts of an apply: skin, flesh, seeds, core, stem, leaves.
Self-Selected Activities: 8:20-9:55
Creative Art Center: Apple Stamping and Finger Paint Apple Art
Manipulative/Math Activity: Feed the Horse, Pig and Cow
Writing Center: Writing Name with paint Bags
Science Center: Magnets
Sensory Table: Water Marbles and Funnels
Block Area: Red Wagons and Plastic People
Dramatic Play: Gardening
Alternatives
Creative Art center: Stamps
Creative Art center: Stamps
2nd: Melting Crayons
Rotating Snack: 9:00-9:55
String Cheese, pretzels, and juice
Outside: 9:20-9:55
Gross Motor: Apple Findings
2nd: Stilts
Cleanup: 9:55-10:00
Clean up Song
Transition 10:00-:10-05
"5 Little Apples Hanging in a Tree"
Small Focus Groups: 10:05-10:20
Book: The Apple Pie Tree By Zoe Hall
Book: 10 Apples Up on Top! by Dr. Suess
Activity: Discovering Apple Parts
Gathering Time: 10:20-10:40
Attention Getter: What part of the apple is missing?
Activity: Guessing Game
Hurray!!! I get to see what they do even though I can't be there :) And I'm really hoping they send artwork home for me to hang up!
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)