Thursday, September 5, 2013

It's Almost Time for Preschool!!

We had another busy day today :)  We were lazy in bed until 8:30 am and then I heard Grace squawking in bed so I decided to get up.  It was so cute to hear her in there, and again, she stayed in bed until I went into her room.  We quickly got ready for the day because therapy started at 10, had a granola bar for breakfast, packed her new Owl lunch pail (thank you Dado and Papa!) with some snacks and water, and then we were off to therapy.  I talked with Grace on the way there that she will be staying a long time, and that I won't be staying to wait for her like I normally do with her 45 minute sessions.  She was so excited!  She saw Jeff (her OT) and left me without an issue.  I headed back home and went quickly to work on cleaning the house.

Here's what I got done:

Dinner in the crock pot (chicken with gravy, peas, onion, tomatillos, spices and yogurt all mixed together)

Cleaned the kitchen (emptied the dishwasher, washed dishes, cleaned out the microwave, cleaned the stove top, swept)

Vacuumed

Cleaned off the table from Grace's 100+ handprints :)

Put the first layer of purple lacquer on Grace's shelf for her room

Finished cutting the tassels for Grace's rag blanket

Sewed the 5 pillowcases that I had started a year ago for the pillows in the living room.  I now have 6 coordinating pillowcases and it's so cute!!

I think that's it, but I think that's a TON!!  This house was A WRECK.  I'm so not even kidding.  I should have taken pictures.

Anyways, before I left to pick up Grace I warmed up the empanadas I had made yesterday, cut a cheese stick in half to share, and opened up a jar of home canned pears and cut some up on our plates.  Then off to pick up Grace!  I talked with her PT a while about how she likes to use her right foot first all the time when going up or down the stairs and so we need to change that to one and then the other.  While we were talking, what happened?  Grace pulled her hand out of her diaper and said, "Poop."  Oh no...yucky!!  The PT told me she'd gone twice while she was having therapy, so this is the 3rd time.  I'm glad!  While we were in Montana she'd had a huge cleanout because she had been backed up for 2 weeks, and after three days she'd stopped having bowel movements which means that she's empty.  I've kept strong with the laxative because I don't want her to relapse again and get bound up.  So I was happy to hear that she had 3 movements so far.  Anyways, we headed home.

We had lunch (Grace didn't eat much since I let her eat crackers on the way home) and then she headed to bed about 1:30.  Therapy is 10-1.  Then while she was sleeping I did some more cleaning and just messed around.  She woke about 3:50 pm and I had started prepping dinner (putting food on plates) and so I called to her... "Grace!!!  WAKE UP!!!"  "Come to Mommy!!  I hear you girly!"  And she responded...

"Hi MOMMY!  I UP!!"

"I know.  Come out to see me, Grace!"

"O-TAY!!"  Then I hear a thump (her getting out of bed), the pitter patter of running feet, and then there she was!  She had a huge smile on her face as she ran down the hallway and she was just so darn cute!

I opened my arms wide and said "Hi GRACE!!!  I see you!"  

And she ran out and said, "I awa-it, MOM!"

It was so darn cute.  So we ate dinner and got to have chocolate milk with it and then had some reeses cookies out on the porch while I called Dado and Papa.  After that we went to the park but Grace was just so fussy that we didn't get to stay and play.  We went to the library to read some books but...she once again needed a diaper and I didn't have a diaper!  AH!  So we headed home about 6:45 pm.

Once we got home it was bath/shower time and very quickly it was time for bed!  And it was amazing because when I got her pajamas on her at 7:45 pm she asked if she could go to bed.  15 minutes early :)  So we said prayers together and she jumped into bed, giggling like a silly girl that she is.  

And here I am, 8:04 pm, watching Safe Haven and relaxing from my busy day.  I went outside before writing the blog and picked/ate some cherry tomatoes, picked 26 raspberries (I put them in the freezer with the other 30 raspberries), and will be having some ice cream with chocolate syrup and milk.


Grace is doing so well.  I am so thankful with the progress that I'm seeing, and am so blessed to have her as a daughter.  There will be forever trials that we have to go through because of all her different needs but I'm so ready to tackle them.  I can see potential in Grace, so much more than what it sounded like from the pediatrician when we first found out she had Spina Bifida.  She is overcoming hurdles that seemed as tall as mountains, making them look as if they are just molehills.  I continue to smile at the sight of my strong 4 year old and love each day that I'm with her.

Amanda


Grace's Journal for Sale!!  Here is the webpage for my journal for sale.  I have been writing a journal since before Grace was born, and this particular published one is from Sept 2009-Dec 31, 2011.  I will publish the next one in year 2014 (Jan 1, 2012-Dec 31, 2013).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)