Well it's Sunday...I missed Saturday! Darnit.
Saturday:
In the morning we just hung out and had fun. I twas a beautiful day and so we were outside a lot. Around 12 Grace and I went to McDonalds and had cheeseburgers, a large fry, and split an ice cream cone. The guys were on a hike in Driggs and so it was just me and Grace! There was a party at Seasons Medical, which is her pediatrician office, and so we went over there at 1 pm and stayed until about 2:30 pm. We got a caricature drawing, had some a Jimmy John sandwich, free samples that Jamba Juice brought, and Grace got a balloon! We went through a tour of the three story facility and it was just beautiful, but Grace was definitely bored. There was going to be a huge drawing for some awesome prizes but the likelihood of me winning with just two tickets in the pot was so unlikely that I gave my drawing tickets to someone else. Grace and I each got one for going on the tour. Then we headed home since Grace was getting really fussy. But she and I had a great time together. We had long conversations, we both were so happy and the weather couldn't have been any better. She tried to get into the bouncy house but I think the fact that it was inclosed really startled her and so she didn't want to get in. And then we watched her pediatrician get dunked in the "throw the ball and hit the bulls-eye" dunker. That was fun! We went home, Grace napped while I did homework, and then we spent the rest of the evening out and about. We went to DI and got Grace a few long sleeve 5t shirts, a pair of pants (5t), and an Elmo flannel board book for church. Then we went over to Walmart but that was just to waste time, really. Daddy texted and said they were on their way home and so we headed home, but they beat us there! Then Grace had a quick dinner and was off to bed!
Awesome picture, right?! Totally!!
Sunday:
Today was great as well. We had a great time at church and Grace got to say the closing prayer in primary! But we didn't practice with the microphone beforehand, which I knew we should have, and so all she got out was "Dear Heavenly Father" before she was startled by the loud noise. She threw herself on me and squeezed as tight as I've ever felt. I tried to get her to keep going but then it seemed like embarrassment was setting in. So I gave the mic to the leader and kept telling Grace she did such a great job! She came away happy, excited, and so proud that she said the prayer! She also got a bag of M&Ms, so that made everything great!
Sacrament was a bit tough for her just because she was tired but once I pulled out the Elmo flannel board, she did great on the floor playing. After church she walked home with Skyler because I was getting my Temple Recommend renewed, then I went Visiting Teaching, and then I went home! The little girly was still awake! So a battle ensued, the door ended up being locked because she kept coming out, diapers were changed twice, and then, finally, she gave up! 3:30 pm. I took a nap and finally woke her at 4:30 pm. She was trying to be fussy but then quickly remembered I had said we'd go to the park, so all was well. She and I went on a walk to the park and I'm just so glad that she's talking so much more. We talked about everything that we saw on the walk, and she really just rambled constantly. I kept engaging her in conversation so she would keep talking, and then we made it to the park! I swung her on the swing quite a few times by herself while I swung next to her and it was just wonderful. She would tell me, "swing mom, Mom. OUT! Swing more!" She wanted me to stop swinging and then to push her more. She sure knows what she wants! And she can even get down on her own! We took the long way home and got home about 5:45 pm, made dinner and watched some TV, but then had to take a bath because she was messy. Very quickly 7:45 pm came around (while she was still in the tub!) and so she got in pajamas, asked to be read to (Bible stories) and so we said prayers and she hopped into bed. I read a bible story to her about Noah's Ark, she and I discussed the pictures and used our arms to animate, and then a kiss, a tuck, and a fan turned on later and all was quiet. Love you girly!!
A great night, yet again. I got a lot of homework done but now it's 10 pm. I'm going to go read scriptures and be lights out by 10:30 pm. Goodnight!!
Amanda

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)