Friday, September 20, 2013

Time to Catch Up

Wow, I never realized how swamped I'd be with school, Grace's school, Brad coming home from Montana, and all the other things it takes to be a mama.  I've missed a whole week!  So just a quick write-up and then I'll be sure to make time (hopefully each day) to write.

Tuesday is just a normal day, no school or therapy, and so we really just try to find fun things to do.  Most of this week we've been outside a ton since it's been just beautiful weather.  Wednesday Grace had school and got a new book from the library!  I got to go in the library and pick her up and for some reason she just seems so much older when I see her in the library.  I don't know what it's all about, but there it is.  Thursday was therapy day and I had a meeting with Journeys (her developmental disabilities services program) and I was very happy but angry to hear that she didn't need to have people coming into the home.  Made because the government worker had told me it was required, but then the people from Journeys called their lead manager and he said it's in no way required.  GR.  We were paying $45 out of Grace's budget each time these people were coming when we could have gotten rid of that all together and been paying $22 each time a person visited with her out in the community.  SO, they will be coming with me this time to visit with the government worker and to be my support and help me advocate since, obviously, the government wants to squeeze money out of Grace's budget the fastest way possible.  If if works out the way we've planned it, Grace will have 6 hours of respite a week, between 6-8 hours of therapy in the community a week, and this will be for the year.  Awesome, right?!  And I can increase the respite if Brad and I want to go to the Temple or for any other reason.  So if I end up getting Grace into gymnastics, I will be able to have a therapist go with her and work with her in the class.  I called the gym place and they said the class might be too much for Grace, but we'll see.  We have a trial run on Tuesday at 10, and fingers crossed that I'll have a therapist ready to go with her.  I was thinking she could do it alone for the trial but I don't want Grace to have a tough time and feel like she didn't succeed.

Now today is Friday!  I called the medical company that supplies Grace with diapers and catheters and the diapers are in but the caths aren't there yet, so we are going to wait.  Now that Grace is 4 the diapers are covered by insurance because she has a medical disability limiting her ability to potty train at the typical age.  Caths are obviously covered because she's got the neurogenic bladder.  

The gym has a preschool class today at 11 so Grace and I might go over there just to watch the class and see what it's all about.  I'm really anxious to see what kinds of things they do.  I'm just hoping Grace can handle being over there but not able to do any of the activities.

Well, it's 10:25 so I better head out and pick up Miss Grace girl!  She gets out of class at 10:35.  She loves school still which is always nice for me!

Ok so now it's later and I'll write about the rest of the day.  We didn't do much the rest of the day. W e stayed outside a ton because it was such a gorgeous day.  We went for a quick visit to the gymnastics class that she will be having a free trial for and...shew...hectic and too many kids for one teacher.  After that we went to visit Daddy because he was in the back yard finishing up his laying of cement.  It looks so great!  Then we colored with chalk, talked about Mommy's spinach that is already sprouting in some pots.  This will be some of our greens for the winter to keep us healthy with deep greens!  Naptime/homework!  Actually, I only did homework for a few seconds.  I finally chopped up all the peppers I could to dehydrate, then used the rest with all the tomatoes that were ready so that I can make spaghetti sauce.  I'm writing this at 10 pm and have yet to put the sauce through the blender and then into bags for the freezer!  Anywho, I made all that and then had to run to the BMC construction store to get Brad some more cement bags.  By the time I got home Grace was up and then the rest of the day was really being outside.  We went on a long walk, played at the park that we went to for a long time (Grace sat on the big swing all by herself while I pushed her and then went down the slide all by herself TONS of times!)  While we were at the park Grace saw Skyler walking home from work and she yelled out "STY-YER!  Tome here!  I swing I p-yay in the swing.  Tome on!  Tome p-yay at the part!"  I can't believe how much she was talking, and it was without me even telling her what to say!  Great job Grace.  Oh, and she walked Scotty all the way there and back with the leash.  She did very well telling him to "Tome on Stotty!" and to keep him moving.  It was wonderful to see how grown up she was walking Scotty.  Then dinner and having fun the rest of the day outside.  Dinner was breakfast!  Waffles, turkey sausage/scrambled eggs and milk.  Then her friends Sabrina and Savannah came over to play until about 8:20 pm and then Grace was definitely ready for bed!!

Oh, PS.  So I don't have a picture of it yet but when I was young I got a pooh bear doll from my grandparents.  They had bought it at a garage sale.  So it was my cling bear for EVER.  He went everywhere with me, I slept with him every night, you know how it goes.  So I handed him down to Grace, and now he sits in her room in her fort every day watching her and watching over her at night.  We went to DI and what did I randomly find????  Another Pooh Bear!!  The exact same one as we have now that I grew up with.  So of course I bought it!!  Now we have Pooh Bear and his brother Pooh Bear 2 and I'm just so excited!  It's just amazing that I would find the exact same Bear, years and years later, and this one is in better condition.  Brighter fabric, the Velcro on his pocket isn't torn like the one on mine.  Grace was SO happy!!

Ok, bye!

Amanda

It's now 10:15 pm and Mom has 15 more minutes until bedtime.  I've gone over my homework for the following week and there is a ton so hurray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)