Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunny Sunday

Time for Sunbeams!!  That was the first thing Grace said when she wake up this morning!  It was more like, "Tine for Tunbeams?!"  In her super cute voice that I HAVE to record sometime :)  She was so excited to go to Sunbeams but did NOT want to let go of her hanky, and who knew that I would actually see it when I picked her up for third hour (sacrament).  I had gone to wait at the lobby a little bit down from the primary room and my ears perked up when I heard Grace's cry.  Isn't it so weird how a mama can know her child's cry without being in the room, or anywhere near the room?  But, yes, it was Grace's.  I went to try to peek in the door and then heard the bishop.  He had been giving the lesson and I guess he was putting things up on the board or letting the kids pick things, and Grace wanted to go up.  I am assuming the teacher told her no (good job!) and so she threw a fit.  The bishop didn't even bat an eye.  He was mid sentence when she cried out the first time and he didn't even finish his sentence how he would have.  He finished with..."Do you want to come up, Grace?  Do you want to pick one?"  How sweet that he would understand her desires and be open to allowing her to be involved even when she's acting out.  He is the sweetest bishop in the world!  Whenever he sees her he bends down and opens his arms for a hug, he'll shake her hand, ask her how she is, and really makes an effort.  There was one time when we were at a church carnival and he had everyone sit down in a bouncy house because she wanted to go in.  He was worried she'd get hurt and so they all had to let her jump by herself!

Anyways, so the first two hours were over, Sacrament came and darnit.  Right before Sacrament starts and her fingers are smashed in a door.  But she didn't call out?!!!  She sat there staring at me until I realized what was going on.  Dangit!  I hate not being more observant.  My poor thing.  So then came the screaming, alligator tears, gagging from the heavy crying, and mommy trying to hold herself together because of all the guilt racking her mind.  Her ring finger was so smashed in and purple it made my stomach feel uneasy.  All of a sudden there were women everywhere helping.  Getting a wet rag, trying to talk to her to calm her, a sister missionary (an older woman) ran out and got her essential oils and used lavender for calming and then something else to numb the pain.  I have NEVER seen a wound heal so quickly. Grace still had a hard time calming down...it took her all of the beginning opening to be able to go back into the chapel.  Another woman looked for children's tylenol but didn't have any and so she got Grace a package of fruit snacks.  That REALLY helped her!!  I still felt horrible.  So finally we went back into the chapel, got through sacrament but didn't make it to then walking back up to the table.  Grace freaked out because I wanted her to sit and she didn't want to.  So I'm trying to hold in a temper because she's not purposely trying to be naughty and sit her beside the wall, take her snack, and stare out the door.  At this point I can feel all the parents out in the lobby staring at me, I am assuming they think I am being a horrible parent but this is what she needed.  And I think I proved any of them wrong that didn't agree because a few minutes later she stopped crying, just like that, and said, "Mom, I weady."  Then I went to talk with her about being reverent, whispering, etc but we couldn't go in yet because they were still putting sacrament away.  So then she freaked out again.  Back to the wall.  A few minutes later came the quick stop whine, the "I weady" and the sacrament FINALLY being done so we could go back in.  All in all...we left 15 minutes early from church.  AH!  I was done!  And she had just had two massive bm's and was already full again.  Changed her at nap time, she laid down and was out within minutes.  Poor thing was tired from all the crying!

The rest of the day was nice.  I did a TON of homework while she was sleeping, we watched most of Shrek 3 while having dinner, went outside on a walk to throw rocks in the aqueduct, went to see our neighbor friend Sabrina (Grace's 3 yr old friend), took her on a walk with us again, went out back and picked cherry tomatoes and raspberries (50 raspberries not including the ones Grace ate and 7 strawberries), and hung out with the brothers.  Shew, bedtime came at 7:40 pm because of miss grouchy and then I got homework done.  Now it's 9:52 pm, I'm done with homework for the evening (WOW!), watching "What to Expect When you are Expecting," and eating brownies that our new home teacher brought over!  THEY ARE SO GOOD!  Brad hasn't come home yet from the cabin but I think he will be tomorrow.


That's it :)  Oh, Grace can go down the porch steps all by herself, no holding onto the edges.


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)