Monday, September 16, 2013

School Day

Grace had, yet again, another wonderful day!  We were up bright and early to get ready for school, got there on time and she was just all giggles while waiting in the school lobby for her teacher!  While she was at school I got a bunch of homework done and then I got to go pick up my girly!!  She was so excited :)  Gosh I'm just so happy that she is so happy with school.  What a blessing it is for me, and her, and will be in the future for her as well.  When we got home we spent a lot of time outside since it was such a beautiful day, so we were in the backyard picking tomatoes which of course I got a "ew, yuty (yucky)."  Silly girl.  Then very quickly came lunch time and then nap time!  Once again I buckled down and got some homework done, cleaned the house a bit, did the dishes, and read for a while until it was time for miss Grace to wake up.  I woke her at 3:30 pm and then we went outside to play again :)  The rest of the day went pretty slowly.  We gathered some rocks and went to throw them in the aqueduct and what did we see when we got there?  A SNAKE!!!!!  It was a tiny garter snake and it was sitting on the support wall.  Grace doesn't like snakes so we didn't get too close.  It was so cute!  So we sat on the edge of the aqueduct rather than up on top where the bridge is because it's so much easier for her to throw rocks there.  Up on the bridge it has the rails and it's really tough for her to get her arms through the bars and toss the rocks in.  Anywho, we threw rocks, pointed out a TON of little tiny finger sized fish, and then headed back home.  We played outside (of course), rolled somersaults, threw wood chips, and laid in the grass looking at the clouds.  I love that she lays on my chest while we are pointing out all the clouds.

Dinner was cheese pizza!  Homemade, of course.  English muffin, spaghetti sauce and shredded cheese.  We watched a movie while we ate dinner and then...can you guess?  We went back outside!  Picked raspberries (30), ate strawberries, and just enjoyed the calm, beautiful breeze and the setting sun.

Then came bedtime.  She took of her shirt halfway, took her pants off by herself, pulled her pajama shirt over her head once I helped her get her arms in the sleeves, and said prayers tonight.  I put her pants on and brushed her teeth.  She's doing SO great!  She even put her shoes in the cupboard!  Of course it took some persuading.


Now she's in bed, I checked on my homework and it was done fine, and so now I'm writing this, posting pictures for Microcephaly Awareness Day coming up, and watching Undercover Boss.

I have the best daughter in the whole world.

MAKE UP AND NAILS DONE!!!



Oh, these are pillow covers that I made.  I started them a year ago and FINALLY got them finished.


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)