It was super cold today. Like, insanely cold. Grace got all bundled up in her snow suit, boots, coat and beanie and we headed out to see all the beautiful whiteness. We were going to see Santa today but because it was so darn cold, we decided against it. It would have been fun but since we already have a picture with Santa, we opted on a quick grocery shopping trip and then hiding out inside the rest of the day. Today was tough for mommy. I have my ups and downs because of my bipolar and today was definitely a down day, and so I'm glad today is over. Grace was extra goofy and could tell that I was off, and so she tried to be extra grabby/loving/near to comfort me. She did great, and I did the best I could. Naptime went great today and I'm so proud of her for that! Good girl! And Ryan went to wake her up from her nap and that was a sweet surprise for her! We had potato soup for dinner with toast and she did ok eating the soup. She's not big on eating soup, so I think next time I'll need to make her a plate of the ingredients rather than adding it all into a soup. She was still super crazy acting so I went to have a quick nap and quiet time. She was fine and happy just playing by herself, and I was so proud of her for being able to do so! She also went potty on the toilet again! We are on to three days in a row...and would be a week in a row except that we missed Tuesday. Oh well. She still doesn't have the concept of "feeling" when she needs to go and so she needs to hurry to the potty, but the fact that when she's there she tries is great. And she's always positive and doesn't show fear or anything like that, and can tell me when she has gone on the potty. She gets a chocolate animal cracker for going potty as well as a princess sticker on her calendar. Sometimes she reads while she is sitting there, sometimes she holds her stuffed animal, and sometimes it's a struggle to keep her tooshie on the potty!
All in all, I'm glad the day is over. I could tell she was off because she hasn't had a very good bowel movement and this always makes her extremely uncomfortable. Her stomach is also protruding extremely far which means she's bound up, so we'll have to start a clean out tomorrow. We are having friends over for dinner tomorrow! They have 5 children, and their youngest is the one that comes to play with Grace a lot. They've never eaten elk and so I'm going to make elk lasagna, homemade bread, and have green beans. We'll see what they think :)
Ok, I'm ahead on a lot of homework and so I'm going to go rest and watch a movie with Brad. Tomorrow is always another day to try your hardest.
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)