Sunday, December 1, 2013

Church Day

Today was church day and Grace did so well in Sacrament!  All through her young years, we've sat in the front row and let her move as she pleases.  She's always had to stay within the length of our pew, and as long as she did that, we allowed her to roam.  And today I really think that I have realized that allowing her this freedom has actually helped her feel less of a need to roam!  Today, for about 95% of the time, Grace was on the pew!  She ate snacks, drew pictures and read books, over and over.  She didn't feel the need to get up and it was just beautiful to see how much self control she had. There was only one time I had to go get her because she'd walked to the end of the pew and was leaning over the back of the pew to another kid.  I wouldn't have cared if she had just sat there, but she's not allowed to turn around or stand up, so I had to snag her.  But otherwise, she was great!

Sunbeams, as usual, was a good experience!  She came out of class with a clip on tag that was colored and said, "I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!"  It also had a sticker of Jesus on it.  Grace was SO excited with her tag and told me about it over and over :)  

After church was lunchtime and then naptime, which of course didn't happen until about 3 pm again.  While she slept I got some homework done :)

We are starting a countdown to Christmas today and so we got to work on that after dinner!  We had mashed potatoes, turkey and gravy with green beans.  YUM!

Anyways, Christmas countdown.  We have an advent calendar that has cotton balls in each of the little pockets, and every day we glue one of them to a picture of Santa without his beard!  I also have files for each day with activities in them for us to do, a picture from the LDS packet that goes along with a scripture to read, and then sometimes a cooking activity!  Today was super fun, and Grace had a great time.  She made little gifts for her two friends, Sabrina and Robert.  She made verse cards...one for each day of December, and then colored them a card.  She also decorated the first Christmas card that will be sent to family, colored a cover for her lightswitch that has Santa on it, and then we read the scripture and looked at the picture!  Oh, and we read a book..."Merry Christmas Big, Hungry Bear!"  She LOVED IT!

After that we watched a TV show and then Grace went potty in the toilet!  She went two times and so she got a chocolate animal cracker and a sticker on her calendar!  It was a tiny bit but still, she did the work and not the laxative.  So I was super proud of her.  After that was shower time, pajama time, prayer time, and then bedtime.  But..that didn't really go as planned.  I had to go get her at 9 pm because she was crying at the crack in her door and so I went to get her, turned on "Dreamer," and got her a corn dog to eat.  Pretty quickly it was bedtime again!  This time she did great going to bed.

I was going to do homework but Pinterest was calling my name, so instead I looked up Christmas activities that Grace and I can do together :)  Now I'm watching "Twilight" again as I write this and will go to bed shortly.  Preschool tomorrow morning!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)