Friday, December 6, 2013

Fly by!

I can NOT believe how fast this week has gone.  I was absolutely floored when I realized I hadn't posted since Sunday, and have found it so crazy these days.  Finals are quickly approaching and so I've been bogged down with that, and I've also been spending more time with Grace doing a Countdown to Christmas, and so that has been more important that blogging recently.  I'll try to recap as best I can.  

Monday:  Grace went to school and had a fabulous time!  She always loves school and so I'm happy about that.  In the evening we went to see SANTA!!  She was definitely afraid of him and wouldn't sit on his lap.  Darnit.  Oh well, though.  It's ok :)


So cute!!

She also enjoyed dancing to the music :)

 

Tuesday we were going to have preschool with a friend but I was behind on homework and she had gone to sleep super late for her nap and so I canceled.

 NEW BIG GIRL BED!!

Wednesday school was canceled!  The power had gone out at 6:30 am because the night before we had gotten a downpour of snow, and temperatures were so cold that everything froze.  So we stayed home in our 62 degree house.  It finally turned on at 1:30 pm.  Shew!  That's the longest we've had the power out.  
Thursday:  Grace had therapy from 10-1 and while she was there, I went to the Temple!  It had been a long time since I'd gone, so I went and did work for Kate Craythorn.  It was wonderful to be there and I'm glad that I was able to get a session done.  And now that I know that I can get a session in while Grace is in therapy, I will be doing this every week!  We went to a friends house for preschool and she had so much fun!  We made picture frames out of popsicle sticks and buttons, and then the kids got to play.  It was so cute because they played for a long time in a box and serving each other pretend lunch.  Fun as always!

Friday: Today!  We had fun today.  Grace went to school...Daddy took her this time!...and I got to get a lot of homework done.  After this Grace helped me fix up her preschool room a bit more before she had to go take a nap...once again she didn't fall asleep until 3 pm.  While she was in her room (supposed to be napping) I worked hard on homework and got ahead for next week.  I'm hoping to get done as fast as I possibly can so that I can finally be out of school for awhile.  After nap time her friend Sabrina came over and she stayed until 6 pm (we had tuna casserole, peas and home canned pears), and then Grace and I worked on some more Christmas countdown activities!  Tonight we read a Christmas story, a scripture about Jesus and his early life, painted a paper plate with green finger paint for a wreath, and looked at a picture of Jesus helping Joseph with his carpentry work.  Now she's in bed and I'm really hoping to be able to get my blog caught up with pictures and video!

 Busy making a snowglobe together!
There's our sweet girly with a snowglobe.  Darn penguin came off and the bottle leaks.


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)