Wow, you know how it is when the day is going super slow, and all you want is for it to hurry up because it's just the most boring day? But then there are the days you are enjoying so much that you want them to never end but go SUPER fast? That's how this weekend was. It FLEW by! It was absolutely insane. Grace didn't have school on Friday because of Christmas break, and so we just hung out at home. And then Saturday...what happened Saturday? I can't remember. Sunday there was church, lunch, nap time, playtime, dinner time, bedtime. Pretty much our Sundays in a nutshell. The real sad thing that we learned at church is that we will be meeting at 11 starting in January. I am SO not a fan of that. Oh, and what's super crazy? The bishop got up and made an announcement about how there are people in the ward that have been gossiping and talking about other families, (as he got all teary-eyed) and that these people need to stop doing it and be sure that those people that are doing this must repent and be cleared of their wrongdoings. Wow. I can't believe a bishop would say stuff like that! It felt like a principle reprimanding his students because someone tattled about another person gossiping. Of course that makes the entire ward think, "Who and what is there to gossip about? And who is doing the gossiping? And what is so important that the gossiping would be widespread? And now I want to know!!" That's probably what was happening with everyone! Anywho...
Monday. No school, so we slept in. Miss Grace has been getting up at 6 am, and today was no exception. I think today it was 5:50 am. Yes, the 10 minutes do count! But Brad was so awesome :) He had just gotten up and so he turned on the TV (we just moved it into our room) so she could watch and I rolled over and slept for 2 more hours. Ah, the joy of a babysitter for Grace and earplugs for mommy. And she's so sweet because she doesn't come over and poke/prod/hit/slap, etc. And I love that I get to snuggle her every morning :)
After that was breakfast (Daddy got it all ready for us while I got Grace dressed), and then we played for a little bit before Grace and I went to the library. I wanted to get the rest of the books for The Giver, but of course they had one missing that the computer said was at the library. It was a fun trip because I found out that one of the librarian's is a cousin by marriage! She is Larene's cousin, and she is my sister-in-law. Grace got to play on the touch screen computer and did really well! She colored pictures, matched letters on a train game, and made music with a Dora game. I got a few books (one of which I started during her nap time and finished before she woke up...Independence Rock) and a couple yoga/pilates videos. I want to try them out to see which one I like the best, and will stick with that one.
After this was lunch time, naptime, and then wake up time. We went to pick up our car at a hotel. Skyler had to use it at 2 am to get to the shuttle that went to Salt Lake so he could catch a flight to Indiana to spend Christmas with his fiancee.
We had been invited to an ice cream sundae party a few days ago and it was today, so we headed over there at 5:30ish pm and it was so fun! Brad didn't stay very long because Grace was off the hook, and so he took her home to feed her. I staying until 7:45 pm, which is when everyone else started heading home. There were so many people, and it was decorated so beautifully, and it was just all around a great evening.
And now it's 9:13 pm, Grace is still awake, I'm watching Twilight while writing this, and Brad is down finishing a TV season show that he has been watching for a while. Tomorrow will bring much of the same since there's no school, no preschool with our friends (because they are in California), so we'll have to find things to do to keep us entertained.
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)