More Firsts
I'm happy, and sad to say Grace has gone through the tunnel at the park for the first time EVER!!! I'm happy to say that because it takes a lot of coordination to go through there crawling, and I'm sad to say it because I was in bed while she did it!!! Daddy was so nice this morning and took care of her so I could sleep in till 10:30, so he took her to the park and she went through the tunnel!! So obviously, we will be going back to the park after she naps so I can see her be amazing!!!
Also, another first among many...she walked 10 steps with me just holding one of her hands! She felt so strong, and so firm in her steps. I can tell that walking is NOT going to be too far off for her! YES!!! I was so amazed that she felt so secure in her walking! But after those 10 steps she was ready for two handed help, but that's ok. Slow and steady wins the race!
And still another first...yesterday at PALS, she made a super big mess during snack, so I took her over to circle time and cleaned up her mess. And for the first time, she played and did the songs without me there! They send around a pom pom and sing, "Hooray for Grace, Hooray for Grace, everybody singing Hooray for Grace...1...2...3...4, who we gonna yell for? GRACE!!! That's who!!!" And she actually shook the pom pom!!! And she didn't crawl away, or whine for me or anything!!! Good girl!! Just another example that she will do great in Nursery at church. Oh, and then on top of that. They sang "Ittsy Bittsy Spider" and she did some movements on her own!! That song is obviously her favorite, and we sing it every time at PALS and TONS at home. She did the "climbed up the water spout, " "washed the spider out," "out came the sun", and "up the water spout!!" That's AMAZING!!! Rhyme and repetition is key!!!
I don't know if I put it on here, but another first for her is that she can climb the stairs at Great Grandma's and Grandpas!! They have two stairs going from the dining room to the kitchen, and they are rock, kinda pointy and very different than ours! Her great Grandpa, (Papa) showed her once a few months back how to climb it, but ever since then, we've been letting her check it out on her own. And recently, like within the past couple weeks, she's figured out how to climb them!!! We are so happy for her! Her Dado and Papa always cheer for her after she successfully gets into the kitchen, but that also means we have to close the doors that go into the family room, because they have pretty trinkets that Grace would LOVE to play with!!
Another thing I don't know if I put on here about her firsts!!! She knows how to cross her arms to say prayers!!! We get ready to eat and she will actually look at us like, "are we gonna pray?" and we can say, "we are gonna say Prayers now" and she will cross her arms!! Of course, it's not for the entire time, but she's quiet for the most part as we pray!! GOOD GIRL!! I was wondering how long it would take us to teach her, but it just seemed like a couple days of folding her arms for her that she did it on her own when asked. Gosh she's so smart!!
Lots of firsts...lots of happy moments for the family!!
Oh, I was almost done with the post but then Grace did another first that we think is so funny!! Grace has this cute little thing she does and I just had to share it!! She will plug her nose and stick her tongue out and spit! It's so funny!! She sounds totally nasally and looks as silly as can be, but it's so funny we have to laugh!!
Amanda
Delicious and Simple! 3 Dutch Oven Dinners
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)