This afternoon I brought Grace upstairs with me and that's where her musical toy is that is like a table, and for her to have the best access, she has to stand at it. Now, I'm used to seeing her stand at it and play. I'm used to seeing her lean against it, or basically lay on top of it with her chest while she plays, but today...I was floored!!! Today was the FIRST DAY EVER that she went around the table!!!!! It's about 1 1/2 feet long on each side, but she was still able to get from one side, to the right, and then again to the right so she was on the opposite side!!! And she did it without leaning, without whining, and without falling down!! WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!! I was screaming for happiness, jumping up and down, clapping and telling her good girl all at the same time while she's looking at me like, "huh?" But she did it!! Usually, she has to get down, crawl to the other side, and stand back up. My little girl is growing up FAST before my eyes and all I can do is try to be with her every waking second so I don't miss a thing! If I could physically show her how happy I am for her, rather than doing all that jumping/screaming/clapping stuff...I so would!! Like, if there was a thermometer of Mommy's happiness on the wall or something, it would look like the mercury in the middle has busted out the top!! My heart feels light, my body is relaxed, I can't stop smiling (so my cheeks are sore) and I'm on cloud nine! I'm just so proud!! And she's only 18 months and I'm this proud, and it's such a little thing to be proud of. Most moms just disregard it since it's normal for their "normal" kids. But...this...is...INCREDIBLE!!! All her therapists are going to be so proud, and will probably be excited to hear what more she can do.

Alright, enough tooting Grace's horn...hopefully I can contain myself!
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)