Saturday, March 5, 2011

NEW SIGN!!!!!!

I am just pleased and excited and thrilled and ecstatic and honored to share that Grace learned a new sign today!! And in a matter of minutes!!! She's learned how to sign "milk" and has remembered it since napping. (That's my test. If she can't remember it after nap, she was just mimicking me). BUT!!!! She remembered!!! I'm just so happy! She's really taking off with the signs, which does worry me because she's not vocalizing then, but as long as we are communicating, the speech therapist can help with her vocalizing more later. Here's how it happened...

She was having lunch, and I wanted to give her milk. So I made her some chocolate milk (a little chocolate makes everything better) and before even giving it to her, I showed her the sign. Then I helped her do it with her hand. Then right from that moment, she knew it!!! And I wouldn't give her the milk till she signed it every time! Which is a lot of signing for her, because when she's done drinking, she throws her cup over the side, which means Mommy gets to take it and make her sign again before she can have it back! And on top of it, she learned to sign milk while trying a new food...RAISINS!!! I was told by the nursery leader that they feed raisins as snack, and so I took that as a good tip to see how she can handle those small sweet treats. And she did great. Next is gummy treats, but I'm not too excited about those because I don't need sweet pea getting cavities! Gosh so much good news with her recently. She's doing amazing, and I'm just so proud of her!

Another little tid bit about her raisins. She loves to share, loves to share everything. But there's times where she totally will trick you, act like she's sharing, but right when you go to grab it, she will yank her arm back. Then she will reach out to you again, and silly mommy thinks, "ok, she will share this time." HA!!! She tricks me again!! But this time, with her raisins snack, she tried to hand me a raisin, and I wouldn't take it. Well what do you know that she just stayed there, with her arm stuck out to me, and gave me a look like, "I'm staying here till you take it." (I'm not a big fan of raisins) So I took it (she actually gave it to me) and what a good girl! She's so good at sharing!! So she had some, then I had to eat one, then she had some more. There was even one time she put one in her mouth, and then took it back out and tried to give it to me! Luckily, she didn't make me eat that one!

Ah, sweet child of mine. We are now going on a date with Daddy. He's getting spruced up :) Date night with the babe...well, both babes, is always fun because we get to see her accomplish things together (like new foods, walking with help some more, using a spoon, drinking from a cup). It's so fun!!
Star of approval from Mommy and Daddy!!!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)