Thursday, April 17, 2014

Another Quick Day

I can't believe how fast time goes by!  Grace had therapy today so I dropped her off and then went shopping for 3 hours for Kailyn's baby shower!!  The time flew by.  Most of the time I was just scanning shelves to see what there was before making final decisions.

After Grace had therapy we headed home and had leftover dinner from last night for lunch today, but Grace was NOT into it.  She was SO tired!  But do you think she would fall asleep?  Nope!  She was up for the entire time until 3:45 pm.  I had put her down about 2 pm.  Silly kid.  So of course the rest of the day was pretty tough because she was so tired and cranky as well as clingy.  But we were fine together :)  She just needed a bit more attention and I was happy to give her that!  Dinner was sloppy joes with orange slices and spinach salad (Grace had peas).  It was really good, but she was so tired that she had trouble really focusing.  I pretty much spoon fed her because she just couldn't focus.  Poor girly.  It got to be 6:30 pm and I could really see that she was struggling with controlling her emotions and behavior, so she and I played with her kitchen set for about 15 minutes.  She was so cute :)  She just sucked on her juice bottle that her Aunt Lisa got her while I served her meals.  I'm so excited that she's getting better at not biting the plastic pieces.  That probably sounds silly, but I'm not kidding!  I had to take out all the cardboard items, such as the little cereal boxes or milk cartons because she'd chew on them, and I've had to really watch her when playing with the food because she has gnawed the plastic hot dogs flat.  I was so proud of her for pretend biting!!

So, 6:45 pm finally came and I could tell she was SO ready for bed.  So diaper change, teeth brushed, one piece pajama on, Pout pout fish and Panda Bear in bed, and off she went!  I tucked her into bed with her little friends and she was down!  It's now 7:26 pm and she's already asleep, and I so could be as well, no joke.  

Friday is preschool :)  She was pretty happy about hearing this since she likes school so much.


All in all, a wonderful day.  Interacting with Grace every day and every moment is so special to me, and I can't believe who she is becoming.  Sometimes I look at her and really can't even recognize her!  She's growing up, she's gaining knowledge, experience and strength, and having such a great time doing that!!  And what's great is that she still wants me to cuddle with her...ALOT.  And I absolutely love this because she's my little girl and always will be :)  She and I will sit together for almost an hour each time reading with each other, and she just loves pasting herself onto me and listening to me read!  I LOVE YOU GRACE!!


Amanda/Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)