I can't believe how different this pregnancy is from my first one. I haven't thrown up at all, but boy is the nausea horrible. I've had to take a nausea medication but this makes me sleepy, so I either stagger around in a fog, or I'm making sure I have clear access to a bathroom just in case. I stay in bed in the morning and eat saltines, carrots and ginger ale, and Grace usually watches a show on TV. She's gotten a ton more TV time since I've been feeling so gross. And even though I try this out, I'm still feeling the nausea throughout the day. I can't wait for this first trimester to be over, that's for sure. It's actually getting worse over time so I'm really hoping I won't end up throwing up at all. I'm also thinking about talking to the doctor about a chewable prenatal pill. These huge swallow pills make me gag so much, and this doesn't help the nausea.
I'm still insanely hungry as well. Yesterday I had my typical breakfast, and then I ate snap peas throughout the late morning, some of a chocolate bar, crackers, leftovers...for lunch we had roast, carrots and snap peas...and then I snacked all throughout until dinner time, which included a peanut butter sandwich caked with peanut butter! For dinner we went to a buffet in Idaho Falls and it was so yummy!!! And actually filling, which was nice. Granted, by 10 pm I was hungry again and had some chips and ice cream. I know, unhealthy. But I eat healthy all throughout the day really well so I really have to splurge sometime, right?!
Shew...I'm nervous to see how much weight I've gained by my next appointment. I go in May 14th and I was 144.5 lbs, so we'll see how much more I've gained. Uh oh!
Otherwise, I'm good!! I've been told to be thankful for nausea, which I am, don't get me wrong! That means the little one is growing stung But whew...come on body! Remember this from last time and deal with it like the first pregnancy...no nausea at all!!
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)