Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Doctor Appointment for Baby

I had a doctor appointment today to check on baby because I've been having cramping periodically this past month.  I especially had it really early this morning, but it doesn't seem to be a problem.  The baby, obviously, isn't going to look like anything because I'm only at 5.5 weeks, but I have a picture anyways!


The ultrasound tech said "think of it like a diamond ring, and your baby is the diamond in the ring!"  CUTE!

I got to see the heartbeat, and it was at 98 beats per minute.  That is not high enough but the tech said it's probably because the heart had just started beating in the past day or two, and so at my next appointment (4 weeks), it will be stronger.  I am considered high risk because of everything we had to go through with Grace, and so I'm glad that we will be watching out for this baby.  There will be numerous tests done that aren't invasive (like the amniocentesis is) but will tell us if there are genetic disorders or other developmental disorders.  And if I'm in need of a more professional birth than the hospital here can give me, then they will have me prepped and ready to go to University of Utah to give birth so baby can go right to Primary Children's Hospital.  We have a 25% chance of another disorder with this child, so while that is less than half, the doctor is still worried.  I'm glad we know what to look for early and I'm sure that we will have a safe pregnancy and birth, regardless of the genetic or developmental outcome.  What we are hoping and praying for at this point?  A strong pregnancy so that when the 3 month mark comes on, or even more than that, I can share with people!!  Hurray!  I don't want to share too much and then have something go different than what we would expect.

All in all, a successful appointment.  Only one baby in there so my appetite is just for that one!  It's obviously wanting a lot of food!  I had her double check just to be sure since I've just been so darn hungry.  It's insane!!  But I'm still at 144.5 pounds even with how much I've been eating (when hungry, not just all the time) and so I'm doing well with eating correctly.

Good night!


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)