Here is a picture of Grace heading home after Spina Bifida clinic! I am getting a bit ahead of myself with showing the picture of us packed up to head home but it's just such a cute picture!
Anyways, back to before we left. We went to Spina Bifida clinic at 8 am and were there until about 11:30. Thankfully it didn't take as long as I thought it would. We saw the dietician (all is well with intake of food), nurse (height: 39 inches, weight: 29 inches, head circumference: 43 cm?), neurosurgery (back pain was probably just growth spurts, all leg strength has been maintained, foot pressure is good and so there should be no worry...oh, children with spina bifida usually have stiff muscles and so this is why it's so hard for her to stretch), social worker (gave a website of a support group in Utah), urology (set up an appointment for a eurodynamics test, renal ultrasound and want us to collect some urine for testing when we go back next month), and...I think that's all. So, that's good!
And then we headed to the House for lunch. I saw a little "grandma" that we had been talking to since we arrived and I invited her to eat with us. It was so nice sitting and chatting with her! She was just the sweetest woman in the world :) Grace called her Grandma, and so we know she liked her as well. About 12:30 pm it was time to head out to the other House to pack up and head home. I gave her hugs and she helped me take some things out to the truck, and then she left with her granddaughter to go to the hospital (her granddaughter had a son 10 weeks premature). After cleaning up the room we went back to the main house to finish up checkout. That's where Grace got the purple blanket and the Unicorn friend that is in the picture!! The unicorn has a zipper opening in his back and you can pull out his castle and then stuff him inside the castle. After you zip it up you can press the doorbell and it sounds like a snoring unicorn! So cute :)
We got home about 5:30 pm and it was such a beautiful drive. Grace as up for most of it and really needy, whiny, and in pain/itching, so it was a tough ride for her. About 1.5 hours from home she finally fell asleep and so that was good!
The rest of the night we just hung out at home. I checked Grace about 7 pm and she had a fever...100 degrees. I called the on-call opthamologist at Primary Childrens and he said if she went above 100.3, then we were to take her in. Thankfully she didn't! I ran to Broulims to get her some Benadryl because her eyes were insanely itchy and the doctor said that would help, got some ice cream that was on sale, and then shot back home. Pretty quickly she was full of pain meds and Benadryl, changed and teeth brushed and ready for bed. My poor girly.
Love you Grace. You are the strongest person I know in this entire world.
Amanda

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)