Today was the pre-op appointment. I like these appointments only because they are about 10 minutes long, whereas her normal appointments can last anywhere from 1-2 hours. Her eye is turning in more than it was from her last checkup, so that kind of stinks. But that's ok. That's why it's so good that we are here now. This morning Grace and I went to the Pioneer History Museum this morning and had such a great time. Grace was so excited that she could walk around by herself without me grabbing her back. Every single thing was behind glass so I had no worry about her touching anything. They had rooms that were completely set up as if they were in the past and there were little numbers all throughout the rooms that had a poster full of the numbers and descriptions. It was really interesting! And I was just so excited to see how excited Grace was! Usually we go to museums that have things out on shelves without glass casings, and so Grace either has to be carried or yanked around. What a family friendly place! I even found some family names, and so that's even more exciting.
After that we raced back to the House so we could grab a bite to eat and there was some wonderful salsa pork chunks with homemade mexican macaroni. It was SO GOOD! And then came the quick appointment. And then we came back to the house so Grace could take a nap. After nap it was a bit tough because Grace ended up getting into the bags and making a horrendous mess. Ug. Fish crackers everywhere, stickers EVERYWHERE from her potty chart stickers, clothes everywhere, etc. And how did I find out? She came walking into the TV room! No shirt on..and down three flights of stairs. WOW. First of all, great job on going down the stairs! Second, it was so weird seeing Grace walking through the hallway without knowing that it was going to happen. I looked at her and thought, "She looks familiar." I saw her from behind and it was just weird!! Silly mommy :) Anywho...I won't go into the cleanup of the bedroom, the attitude I got from her and she got back in return, etc because it doesn't matter. I have now learned to sit outside of the door during naptime instead of going downstairs so I can hear her when she wakes up. And that's where I am right now. It's 10:08 pm and I'm sitting outside the bedroom door! I was worried she would climb out of the pack and play and get into something, and so I sat here instead of going downstairs.
All in all, we've had a good trip so far. Grace's surgery isn't until 3:30 pm and so we can have breakfast (cereal and milk) before 8 am and then clear liquids until naptime and then that's it. But she'll be fine. We'll probably hangout here in the morning, play games, read books, etc since there isn't much else to do here. We were going to go to the family history library but I looked online and it really is just a library. Some people were calling it museum so I thought it would be somewhere fun to take Grace.
Well, Goodnight!
AAmanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)