Wednesday, January 22, 2014

More of Utah

We went to the state capitol and Pioneer museum today before Grace's pre-operation appointment.  It was so fun to be able to do more than just sit around the Ronald McDonald house waiting for an appointment to come up.  We got up about 8:30 am and really just took our time getting ready.  This is the house we stayed in...

 I really liked this house.  It's such a beautiful and vintage house and these are the kinds of houses I like to see and go through.  There aren't very many more of these houses around.
 This is one side of the dining room.  I can't believe how big the table was!
This is the other side of the dining room.  Grace is so tiny in this big room!
 This is the TV room.  I really like the huge windows but during the night I could really feel the cold air coming through them.
 I couldn't believe how big this front door was!  I've never seen anything so big.  And I really like the chandelier.
 This is another shot of the TV room.
And this is the sitting room to the left of the front door.  The TV room was on the right of the front door.
 Beautiful stairwell.  I think after new carpeting it would be beautiful!  Grace did so great climbing up this stairwell by herself, but I liked holding her hand just to be sure she was safe.

And then we went to the Pioneer Museum!

 This was such an awesome covered wagon!  And it was absolutely huge!  The top part (canvas) had been burned and so it was replaced by the museum.
 This is the pioneer doll that I bought Grace :)  She had such a great time at the Museum.  We were there almost two hours and it was fabulous because I didn't have to worry about her touching anything.  Everything was either behind glass or behind fences.  And she was just SO interested in everything that I didn't have to worry about keeping her entertained.  A great thing about Utah?  People EVERYWHERE have kids and so I didn't even worry about her being loud in the museum, and no one cared when she was!
 Outside of the museum.  So small next to something SO big!
And the most awesome fire engine I've EVER seen!  Grace thought this was so awesome and she got so excited to see it.  She jumped up and down and said, "I so eh-sited!!"  And then she ran around the room a bit to see everything else there was.


Amanda

I had fun with you sweet girl.  I'm so thankful I got to spend this time with you.  Love you.

Here are some pictures from going to see the state capitol.  We didn't go in or anything.  But it was a beautiful day, warm weather, and I had an itch to get out so I thought Grace would really enjoy seeing the "big building!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)