Thursday, January 9, 2014

The airport and therapy

What a day today.  We had to get up at 4:30 this morning so that we could get Brad to the airport on time for a flight.  He is headed to Nauvoo so that he can enjoy seeing Skyler and Mariah get married in the temple!  WOW!  I wish Grace and I could be there but we have to keep her healthy and I have 6 classes so it just wouldn't have worked.  Anyways, she was a sweet pea getting up super early and was snuggly and lovey.  We got on the road and it was horrible.  Dark, snow blowing in all directions, fog, and the roads haven't been plowed which meant that we didn't have very good traction.  All in all, we didn't make it in time.  Darnit!  We were 5 minutes late.  But the airlines forced 10 people off the flight because there was too much weight, and I'm only assuming with our luck that Brad would have been one of them.  He got a new flight for 1:30 pm, so we headed back home in the insane weather.  As we were driving away from the airport we could see the plane on the runway being sprayed with anti-freeze.  The plane ended up staying there for another 25 minutes because of all the ice on the plane.  Flying in winter...not for me...OR GRACE!

Back home we went.  Daddy went back to bed to catch a few more winks of sleep and I took Grace to therapy.  I got some homework done and then we picked Grace up at 12 pm and we headed back to the airport.  Thankfully the weather was better, and so we got there 20 minutes early (yet the flight was late and then they pushed people off the flight, but not Brad).  Then back to home Grace and I went.  Oh, by 12:30 pm Grace was OUT!  She had her pretzel in her hand, her piece that she had eaten still in her mouth, head laying all the way back and little snores coming out every once in a while.  Cute girly!

She slept until 3:30 and then we went to Pizza Pie Cafe for a mommy daughter date, and then to Walmart and DI.  FUN!!  

After this came Mommy's 6 mile run.  Grace was SUCH a good girl sitting in the stroller the whole 6 miles...1 hour and 19 minutes.  Afterwards she got to get out and run around the track, and it was SO DARN CUTE!  She enjoys being like mommy, that's for sure.

Then off to bed she went once we got home.


Love you girly!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)