Friday, November 2, 2012

DynaVox

I'm pretty excited.  Wanna know why?  Do you?  Really? 

Ok, I will tell you!!

I got a call from Grace's speech therapist and we talked for a while about ways to help Grace communicate.  She'd talked with Medicaid, and long story short, we will be having Grace evaluated by a DynaVox...evaluator...to see if she needs one.  I'm about 99% sure she will qualify, and when she does, we will be getting one!  $8,000 machine that will hopefully help Grace understand that she can ask for things, tell me what she wants, and just have a conversation!  Here's a picture of what it looks like.  It won't be this one exactly, but you will get the idea.




Looks pretty sweet, right?  And then I will definitely be getting a skin for it!!  I found one that's pink with butterflies that I know will look super cute!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)