We went to a meeting for Grace today about a communication device, and we are now in the process of getting this device for her. It is called a DynaVox, and I think that I've posted about this before. Anyways, it will take about a month for her to get the device, but I'm super excited about it nonetheless! She worked with it today for about an hour and she did great! The Dynavox worker was surprised to see how well she did with it. He LOVED how much she was into it, how engaged she was with the device, and how long her attention span was with it. I was proud of my little girl :)
So, now is the countdown to the wonderful day! Paperwork, doctors prescription, and a completed evaluation from her speech therapist :) Then the okay from Medicaid and wah-lah!
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)