Shew, it's been a busy mid week and weekend! We went to Montana on Wednesday so we could be there to spend Thanksgiving with the family, and I'm so glad we went! My in-laws, brother and sister-in-law, nephew/niece in law and their two kids, and of course us! It was so much fun! Thanksgiving was great, and I was so happy to be able to spend it with the family. Brad went hunting with his brother and shot his first elk ever!!! When they came home I helped him skin it, and then we cut off all the meat. This was on Friday. Then on Saturday I worked on one of the hind legs and Brad did the other, and today we ground most of the meat up, but saved some of the best cuts for steaks and roast. We brought home SO MUCH MEAT!! And Grace had a fabulous time! She loved seeing her Uncle and Aunt, and had a great time seeing her grandparents too! Today we went sledding a little bit before we left to go home, and she LOVED IT! She went down a couple times with her Uncle Brian, and then with Daddy and last with me. The first time was a bit scary, but after that, she had such a great time! All in all, it was a beautiful trip for Thanksgiving. It snowed, which was nice too. And I went hunting with my brother-in-law, Brad and my father-in-law, but both times we didn't get to see anything. Well, other than 2 moose! So maybe next time I will get my first elk. Lastly, I got to shoot a 30-06! My father-in-law set up four cans, 2 on 2, 50 yards away, and I shot right between the four :) Oh yeah!
Now comes December, and Christmas. I am excited that Grace can understand a lot more, such as holidays, traditions and things that are fun! This will make Christmas exciting this year for sure!! And I can't wait!
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)