Sunday, June 10, 2012

Activities Part 4

05/21/12

We are finally getting to the end of the exciting 21st Day of May!  I thought I'd share our garden so that people can see what we're dealing with here :)  I really miss our California garden only because it had been worked for years, so the dirt was healthy, ready for a garden, and produced well.  This one has too high of an acidic level...our fault.  So our plants are working hard to live.

 This is the left side of the garden, where onions, asparagus, peppers and tomatoes are at.
 This is the right side of the garden, where there's red cabbage, giant cabbage, lettuce, brussell sprouts, artichokes, melons, etc.
 Here comes Grace!  She absolutely loves coming over to the garden and helping out Daddy in the dirt...what's better for her?  MUD!!  She LOVES the sensory aspect of the mud, which I'm all good for!
 A broader view of the garden.  It's odd shaped, but I like it because we don't have to walk so far into the dirt to get to whatever produce comes about. 
 This is our artichoke plant.  It's been doing pretty well!  This is what all of our other boxes/pails/milk jugs look like.  We leave these on most of the day, and they are covered at night with packing blankets if it's going to freeze.
 Grace was peeking because she wanted to see all the pictures that I've been taking!  She loves having me take tons of pictures, just so that she can see them on the little screen :)
 It's like you can look into her eyes and see her whole future inside of her!
 Another super cute picture of my little girly.
 HURRAY!!!  Grace was so excited that we were able to go out in the dirt and play.  For a while, the dirt was always too wet to be able to play in it, but finally, it was dry, and Grace was allowed to go in.
 Her Elvis face!
 HUGE garden...kinda.  I think Brad said it's bigger than the one in California.
 She absolutely loves the trampoline "lanoleen?"  She now asks for it, and for the most part, if she as, she gets!  I mean, all the language that we can possibly get her to use is awesome!
 This is her famous arch.  She does this when shes mad, not liking what I'm having her do, or if she just wants to be silly!  I think with this arch she needs to be in gymnastics.
And last but not least, Miss Electric!  I'm so excited that I finally got a picture like this.  I've tried so many times to get the crazy haired pictures!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)