Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Head Start and Infant Toddler Evaluation

So we had the evaluation today that is an "exiting exam" to see if she's improved enough to not qualify for developmental preschool.  I want her to qualify because i can see all the things she's not doing in her age group (yes, I see every single positive as well but you just gotta be a realist when it comes to getting things your daughter needs to excel).  The evaluation gave her negative scores in three areas, but two of them the school district won't count towards the decision between being accepted or not.  I swear they better except her, or I'm going to appeal for sure. 

I also called Head start today to see if we could get her in to that when she's three, but they said she can't start until next year because she's turning three the day after the deadline.  So now she's going to be a year older than all her peers.  And even though she's a year behind developmentally, I still want her at the same area with her age group.  But maybe that's just me wanting th picute to look perfect...and it's just not going to be the case.  So I will be homeschooling her once she turns about 3.5 years old, and get her ready for pre-kindergarten.  I think it's going to be a long time until she's fully ready, developmentally, to go to kindergarten, so it's never to early to start.  I'm thinking that I might home school her completely if it looks like she's not going to comprehend the school atmosphere and falls behind.  I don't want her forgotten by the school system and then her falling any more behind then she already is.


That's pretty much it on that note.  We have to wait a couple months to see what the school district says...fingers crossed.


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)