So this is the big day that I was waiting for. Her pre-IEP meeting. It wasn't nearly as much as I was worried about. They wanted to know Grace's strengths, what syndromes/diagnoses she has, how she behaves at school/home/with other people, and wanted to know my concerns/what I hope to see. They also asked about what her future would be like because of the gene deletion and it being so rare, but I couldn't tell them for sure so I just let them know with everything combined she will probably be needing help throughout her whole life. And they said that I know so much, am so involved with her life, and am such a strong advocate for her that they were absolutely amazed, and said that I will need to join their team! Wow, job offer in not so few words! I'll have to keep up with that offer as I go through school, and maybe when Grace is in school I can teach in her class!
Here's our outfits...Grace didn't actually make it to the meeting in this outfit because she went to school and got SOAKED at the water table, so she ended up wearing clothes that were kinda old and didn't quite fit anymore!
Here's dinner in the sun oven...Sweet and sour chicken!!
And this is how I found Grace quite a few times with her toddler bed side on. She exhausts herself playing with toys, and then I come in once she's asleep and put her back in her bed.
Silly girl!!!
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)