I'm so excited that I was able to take Grace to her first equine experience!! I was definitely thrilled, and she rode her horse like she'd ridden all her life!! She wasn't scared at all.
Here's Grace waiting with her occupational therapist, Jeff.
Of course you have to say hello to your horsie!This was so cute because she wasn't scared at all. She tried to hug the horse, but it moved and Jeff had to pull her back.
Looking up at Daddy SO EXCITED that she gets to ride the horse! We talked about it all the way over, and she did her super tense up hug to herself and then her scream.
Getting on the horsie, ready to go! She wasn't even scared one little bit! I knew my horse love would be in my blood, and transferred to her!
Off she goes, making a huge loop around the arena.
She's finishing her loop, and her friend is walking by doing the weaving poles.
Look at all the pretty horses!
Working on sitting sideways. She did AWESOME this way, and it needs a lot more balance so I'm glad she didn't get scared from not having full control.
Throwing her ball while sitting sideways. She did great with this! She had to reach for the ball with two hands, which would make her really uncomfortable and unbalanced, but she dealt with it so well!
She's hanging out while her therapist goes and gets some more balls for her to throw, because one just wasn't enough for her.
It was so cute watching her throw the balls because she'd always raise it up super high above her head and say, "two, three, two, NINE!!!" And then off it goes!
Side sitting while weaving the poles. This one took tons of balance practice, but she still, as always, did great!
She's finished the poles and is ready for the next thing.
Repositioning to work on the next activity.
Some more ball throwing! I told you she loved throwing balls!
Sitting forward and doing some waling to relax all the muscles she was using with side sitting.
Waiting for her OT again to get some more activities for her. I LOVED when she would stop close so I could hear her laughter and see her look at me with a huge smile, like the one below.
HUGE SMILE!!! Also, when she was ready to go, she had to say, "Go Horse." It took her a while, but she fist pumps into the air, and says, "do, orse!" IT"S SO CUTE!!!
Now sitting backwards. She loved this one because she got to draw on the horse's rump!
Waiting for her therapist!
And OFF SHE GOES!!!!
Pretend falling off. She kept leaning to the side really far, and so he let her go to the side to see if that was what she wanted, which it was.
This was the most nerve racking one for her only because laying on her tummy sets her off balance on a bumpy horse. But after a minute she did fine, and worked hard on the next activity.
And we are all done for the day, and she did GREAT!!! It's all done time until next week :)
And what is the first thing she went for after riding? ROCKS!!!!!
There's my little cowgirl. My light and my life. I love you bunches my little munchkin. Forever.
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)