Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday is a LONG day

I can't believe it's still Monday. Nothing too spectacular happened today. Grace and I went to the library in the early afternoon, then went to the park. I didn't really want to go home after playing because the weather was so beautiful, so we just walked. Well, I walked...she slept! And though we got burned...it was relaxing. Being out of the house, thinking about...not much...

But the real reason for this post is because of what Grace did tonight. I haven't let her play with her riding walker because all the doctors and therapists said not too. But I'm bad!! I let her ride in it, and she LOVED IT!! She walked everywhere so fast!! So tonight, I took it a step further. I went out front with her and had her push from behind. I wasn't expecting much, but...she walked the ENTIRE length of the court, and then I turned her and she went all the way BACK!!! BUY HERSELF!! And she laughed, and screamed, and stopped to clap, and was just so tickled with herself. And mommy was ecstatic!! Ahh, sigh of relief. I knew she could do it with just a little help. Now I'm on the path to getting her a walker. A Kaye Reverse Walker. We wouldn't use it all the time. Just to get the mail, or walk the halls at church, or in the library. Just to show her a different way of traveling, one that gives her more freedom. Plus, I wouldn't have to get my hair pulled anymore!!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)