Friday, April 1, 2011

HSV Garden Challenge

I am linking up to the Homeschool Village because they've got a really fun challenge going on!! Plus, she's got some awesome preschool packs that I LOVE!!!



So, here's where we're going to garden. It really turns out an awesome crop!! That bush that's started are the raspberries, but we haven't been able to plant because the weather's been not so good! But it's dried out nicely, so the hubby will be going to it soon and tilling it up.
We have decided to forgo planting corn this year, as it's just a waste of space and didn't germinate last year. So this year, our list includes:
Tomatoes (They will take most of the room), peppers, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, peas, green beans, cabbage, lettuce, squash, zucchini, and...oh the raspberries! We will do mostly tomatoes so we can can them for our food storage :)
It's pretty fun to get out there and work the soil, planting things that will grow to feed us for free, literally. The hubby is the gardening guru, so I'm happy to say he's on my side!!! And I think we are also lucky that we have chickens, so we get a continuous supply of manure from them to put in the garden. Grace probably won't be getting too dirty this year with planting, but we will be having her help pick once the crop comes in, which I can't wait to see!! So there you have it, our wonderful garden. It's about 20x20 (ft) and we also have a couple other spots that we usually plant tomatoes, but that might be "donated" to the chickens for pecking spots!



Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)