This week...for the preparedness challenge...I dehydrated!

I can't believe how fast everything is growing in the garden. The weather has definitely been a blessing...lots of sunshine when we first planted, and then after about a week, there was just a beautiful amount of rain that came down :) Just 5 days from my other post so many things have grown so much more!! This year, by far, the garden is doing the best. But we have noticed that every other year the garden does much better!

Here's where all the seedlings went. You'll have to click the picture to make it bigger so you can see everything :) Out of the 9 potatoes that WERE growing in the newspaper pots, I've only seen one come up so far, so hopefully they didn't die from transplant.

Here's one section of the garden...I LOVE how fast the green beans are coming up!! The plant in the left corner is the raspberries, which we all love!!

Here are all the melons and squash! WOW they came up out of nowhere!! The bottom left is crooked-neck squash, the top left is zucchini as well as the bottom right, and the top right is ...I don't remember!!

And this is a bunch of tomatoes that came up from last year! WOW!! That usually happens, but just one or two plants.
This week, I've been busy...well, my dehydrator has been busy! I've been on a dehydrating CRAZE!!!

Here's my load...from one week!

From the left...celery (3 bushels), Peas (2 quarts of them, that's from 5 small bags of peas), Zucchini (12 of them), bell peppers (5 of them)...them the other picture down below will be described :)

From left...Vegetable Mix (one whole bag), pineapple (# 10 can fit in ONE QUART!!), 3 quarts of carrots (15 pounds of carrots), and broccoli (1 bag).

5 pounds of venison are now dehydrating to turn into a yummy elk jerky!!! YUM!! And after that will be eggs...seeing how we got 17 in one day...with only 10 chickens! And there's about 40 more in the refrigerator. And after that, spinach will be dehydrated and processed into powder to add to any meal I want!!
So, it's been a busy week :) And I've LOVED IT!!
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)