Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Another Appointment Today

So we went to see a Developmental Pediatrician today. I will make this post quick, as I'm backing off on the super long explanations as I seem to be the only one that reads this post. Sometimes...well, actually every day, I say, "**tap tap** is this thing on?" as I continue to post things and my comments continue to be ZERO. Whatever.

He said with motor skills Grace is at 11 months. Leg motor skills she's at 9 months. Language and communication she is at 11 months. She will walk. She will be able to learn in school. No autistic tendencies. No cerebral palsy. She will walk in her own time. It would be better for her to not have a walker as she will than be able to learn the whole: cruising at couch with one hand facing forward and getting to her butt from cruising. She needs to learn how to safely get up to walking position before we can just plop her in a walker and have her walk. So there. Mom doesn't know anything and just wants to push her daughter because her pride is shot about the fact that kids younger than her daughter by like 4 months are already walking. So from this point on, no talk of a walker, no talk of "what if's", and no worrying about her. I'm going to tell myself she's a 9 month old, treat her like a normal baby, not think about her diagnoses anymore, and just live with blinders.

**Tap tap** is this thing on?

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)