Saturday, January 8, 2011

Grace's Eating

I am so excited to share that Grace is doing MUCH better at her eating adult foods. I guess the reason she wasn't do well was because we weren't giving her the chance to understand that eating adult food is different than baby food! I would get scared from the one time she would choke, and go back to bottles and baby food. Well, it's been 4 days since her last bottle!! WOO HOO!! And baby food? WOW. I don't remember...maybe a week? I mean, she has oatmeal with yogurt mixed in for breakfast, but that doesn't really count as baby food because I eat oatmeal too. This is such a huge relief!! So, for brunch today (as I was a sleepy head and slept till 11 ish) she had chicken noodle soup (without the broth) pork n beans and wienies, and banana sliced. I know, doesn't sound very appetizing. But that's ok, because she liked it :)


So here's her mess. I love these bowls because they stick to the tray, and are my life saver!! Of course though, none of the food can stay in the bowls!
What a happy girl eating her brunch!!! She even tried with her spoon a couple times, but that's too hard still.
This is her giving me her silly face. She leans her head down and looks at me through her bangs...if she had any!
And here's the face again. Kinda like "and???" So cute!

Last night for dinner she had a scrambled egg, toast with cream cheese, and some banana and did great with that as well. I'm done with the whole "feeding her" thing unless its liquid like oatmeal...but I know she's going to need to learn to feed herself...that will come for the liquid stuff. I'm going to make a floor mat for under her chair as she likes to drop things off her tray. That's simple enough, just some vinyl with a fabric backing.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)