Wednesday, January 19, 2011

More Projects Mommy has Done

I've been so busy in my sewing room, but I've kinda backed off a bit at the abundance that I'm doing because I don't want to burn out. I've completed my New Years Resolution so far, and that I'm pretty proud about :) I think I sewed 3 projects in January, and then the projects below minus the reversible dress. So I succeeded for two months already!The top picture is showing off the cute ruffles around the neck and armholes. I think they are so cute! I just did a tight hem, then put bias tape about 1/2 an inch down from there and that's what holds my elastic. And then the dress is gathered with an actual gathering stitch!! I did great with that! I did this with a pattern, I'm not good enough yet to do these on my own!
Here's the full dress. It's a size 2 and is supposed to have another layer on the bottom, but I don't know if I want to since it's already so long! I might just hem it and add on the other layer as she gets taller.
This is one of Grace's gifts for her 14 days of Valentine's Day! It's a counting pack, with 10 hearts in it and they are all labeled!
I made this drawstring back with the leftover fabric from their Valentine Bags!
Here's who who that is finally stuffed! He had been thin for so long, but finally I gave him what he deserved...stuffing!
This was a reversible dress, but now I think it would be a shirt for her since it's shortened up a bit...wait...she's grown taller!
And here's a size 3 or 4 dress! I really like this one, but I think I would thin it up a bit for Grace. She just isn't that wide!
This is what the back looks like. Isn't that cute how they cross in the back?! It will be awhile till she fits into this, but that's ok because I like to make sure I can make the big things before I make things that will fit her right this minute.

Sewing is so fun. I love knowing that I'm creating things with my hands that will clothe my child! And that she will play with or that will teach her. And though it's a bit costly at times, the patterns will last quite a while! I bought a pattern for pajamas that go from size 1 (which she can still wear) to adult size, so she will always have pajamas homemade by mommy!


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)