Tuesday, January 11, 2011

She's Done IT!!!...and an Update of the day

So for the longest time, we've (myself, Daddy and the PT) been working on Grace getting up and then back down from standing at the couch. She's always either fallen to the side (purposely) or plopped on her butt while being scared at the last second. But today...she did it...right!!! She got up to stand quickly (like an old pro!!) played with the phone for a bit, and then squatted with one hand on the couch (instead of two, and she squatted!) and then went to her butt! WOO WHOOO!!!! I was SO excited!! Of course, she did it so fast I couldn't get a picture, but that's ok. I still saw it, and not once, but twice. So I'm so excited. She's making such beautiful strides.

I must say, this was very encouraging to see after her not so good day during PT. Usually, she's willing to do anything her PT wants. But recently, she's not been so happy when therapy is going on, and I thought last Thursday was just a fluke, but it continued today. She was so stubborn on standing at the couch, bending...pretty much everything we did. She was just NOT into it. So we've decided to back off a bit on how long we have her work on her PT exercises, but still continue to, since kids sometimes take a step back before taking more steps forward. We don't need the "control fights" already! She's only 1! But all in all, a very good day after seeing her bend and sit instead of plop! She's also been bear walking...well, bear standing anyways. If you don't know what that is, it's where she get on her hands and knees and pushes up to her feet while still on her hands too :) So cute!

Food wise...she's still eating constant adult food and is feeding herself, but we did slip on the bottles and give her one a couple days ago when she woke at 3 am. I figured it wouldn't hurt her, and it hasn't. She doesn't whine for it or anything, so that's good. And she hasn't choked on her meals for 3 days so that's GREAT!!! Today for breakfast was french toast with bacon, and she ate the rest for lunch because *Mommy didn't want to make something else!* For dinner we will probably have the rest of the elk stroganoff that we had last night. (I keep trying to get Daddy to take us out...but not gonna happen. Darn!)

Talking...this past week, i had decided to work on one work with her, and so I chose ball. We've got some spiky balls that she likes to play with, so every day I make sure to spend some time teaching her the word, the sign, and how to throw/roll the ball. I like to play "roll pass back" with her, but she's only handing it back to me, she hasn't learned to roll it yet. But that too will come. So anyways, I went to get her from her nap this afternoon and got the ball and said, "what's this Grace?" and after a few attempts she said "ba..... ba!!" Yes! *Fist pumping air!* And while we were up there playing, Daddy came home from work, and I got all excited, grabbed her and ran down the stairs happily saying, "Daddy home, Daddy home" and ran out to the garage, turned her around and said to her, "DADDY!! HI DADDY!" And she said, "Dadd---dy!" OH MY GOSH!!!! SHE SAID IT!!! And then she said it again!! "Dadd---ddy" YES OH YES OH YES!!! Daddy was so happy he grabbed her and gave her a big hug and kiss :) Aw, how sweet!

So as you can tell, wonderful things happened today. And now, we are off to go buy her some pants, as she's grown out of so many so fast that she has only 1 pair of jeans! Holy smokes kid! Hopefully, we will get some socks for her too, as the others are getting kinda small. She's already wearing 2T in some of the clothes, while still in as young as 6-9 months in others :) I love that we are able to use some of the clothes for so long.


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)