Saturday, January 8, 2011

Valentine's Day

I know there's so much time until Valentine's Day, but I'm just so excited! Now that Grace is 16 months old are beginning to understand when things change (decorations around the house, celebrations) I am going to go all out for holidays and special occasions. Some of the things I'm doing:

Valentine's Message Bags--I'm sewing two fabric bags, one for Grace, and one for Kailyn. These will be hung on their door the first day of February for a 14 day countdown to V-day. Every day, I will put a little something in there, like a treat, or a small jewelry box for K, or a necklace, or V-day counting hearts for G, or even just an I love you card! Then on the big day, they will get a big treat in their bags!

14 Day Countdown with Hubby-- I am making 14 cards with different things on them, like "go on a date night" or "cuddle and watch a movie", etc. And every day, we pull one of the cards and do what it says.

14 Messages for hubby--Rather than a bag for hubby, I'm going to just slip little love letters everywhere, so he can find them where I know he will be...his car, by the computer, his pocket, in his phone, in the shower, etc.

V-Day meal-- On that special day, we are going to have such an interesting meal! Since it's a Monday, we will do a dinner. So lasagna, Fruit punch, red grapes, pink cookies for dessert! And I will send an egg salad sandwich to work with hubby that's died Red and cut into a heart shape!! Fun Fun!!!

This is going to be so exciting!!

I will also be doing a 14 days of Valentine's day countdown on here too...I will write something special each day, write down the fun V-day activity Grace and I did that day, and just anything else I can think of...and then what come's next but...drum roll...St. Patty's DAY!!! (And hubby's birthday!!!)

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)