Tuesday, January 11, 2011

She Loves Me!!!

I've always wondered when I would see a sign that Grace really does love me. I mean, I'm her Mommy, so of course, by nature, she loves me. But I mean, I was wondering when I would see that she understands that if she loves me, there's ways to show it. You know? She does a lot of giving kisses, but it's usually when I say "give kisses" so it's not her instigating it on her own. And sometimes, she's just just so wonderful in showing me what she's learned!

Last night I was playing with her on the floor, and she was sitting in front of me. Well, she would rotate and sit, rotate and sit, and I was kinda confused at what she was doing! At this point she was facing away from me about 6 inches away. Then she got up on her left knee and had her left hand down for support, looked behind her at me, and plopped herself right in my lap! I LOVED IT!!! And I was like, "Hm, was this where she really wanted to be?" And it obviously was, because she laid into me, and kicked her legs happily. It's like her body was showing what she was thinking, "I'm safe and I made it to sit with mommy!!!" Ahhhh, how sweet. I felt SO loved!! Another time I feel loved by her is when she nuzzles her face into my arm, or chest, of even my face sometimes, and then she will lay on me. It's so precious.

That happened today during therapy. There were quite a few times where she just needed to come to me and put her arms around me, feel my arms around her, and rub her face into my neck. And I loved it and welcomed it every time. She's such a smart girl! And now I know for sure that she loves her mommy!


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)