Today was our first Play-day since it was stopped because of holidays. I'm so glad it's back in the schedule, as well as Glad about her therapy starting back up. I was getting stir crazy because of the long vacation time! So today was pretty fun! There weren't very many people there; just two other moms and their kids. There was a fire drill about 10 minutes upon arriving, but Grace did great! She didn't even cry when the alarm went off! We had to go stand out in the freezing cold, but it was quickly over. I think the only thing that was discouraging, and something we will definitely be working on, was that Grace was scared stiff crawling up the stairs. We had an incident a few days ago where Grace fell down the flight of stairs because she wasn't being watched, and ever since then she has stayed at least two feet away, and gets really scared when she's around stairs. That's good that she stays away, but now teaching her up/down the stairs has become extremely difficult! But, we are working on it! And it's just the whole, "get back on the horse" deal that we are doing :)
Everything else was fun, and while playing at the rice table of course Grace got a sneak snack from there! Yuck! We made shaker today with beads, rice and a take out container from ... they look like the ones from Macaroni Grill but with a see through lid! Pretty fun for Grace! We decided...I decided...not to have Grace paint today, and so I pretty much just let her hang out and go wherever (except the rice table). Here are some pictures...she looks like such a hard picture I tear up every time I see them!
The first video is of me trying to get her to go onto the stairs by herself, but she's just not having it since she fell down them at home....
This is the second video of us going up the stairs together. We tried...but in the end I had to stop trying because I wasn't going to force her :)
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)