Sunday Catch-up
For some reason, I feel like I haven't really blogged in like forever! I mean, I know there is a Saturday blog, but I've been so tired that I don't really put much thought into what I'm blogging, if I blog at all. I guess, while my little beauty sits beside me in her high chair eating her spaghetti, cheese cubes, and mixed vegetables, I figured I would share out day today, and then whatever else comes to mind will follow :)
Today we went to Stake Conference. My first time ever. Before, I never wanted to hear talks for two hours, but last night (during the adult session) I promised a friend I would be at the Sunday session, so I had to show her my word was worth gold. The hubby and the teen went too, and I really enjoyed myself. The talks were wonderful. One on Temple work, which I'm desperately needing to improve on, and one on Faith. Hm...two areas that I need to work on in one conference...hints I think from the One above! Grace did pretty well. She made some pretty loud noises every once in a while that were super cute, and she gave the teen boy sitting behind us some pretty mean looking faces, but he gave them right back, which made her smile big! At one point, we were getting desperate because she was getting wiggly, and we couldn't put her on the floor or she would move the tray that held the power point box...I think that's what it's called! Anywho, I put her on Daddy's back and she played with his hair for a good 20 minutes, but then started pulling and yanking, so Daddy took her out in the halls to crawl and get her energy out. It was so nice, feeling the spirit, hearing the talks, and then every so often hearing her "OOOOOOO" or "LOLOLOLOLOLOLO" out in the hall a ways away and knowing, "that noise is coming from MY little one!!!" Oh that made me feel so good!! After that she took a nap, and I responded to some emails from other parents that have children with the 7q gene deletion. I belong to a group called Unique, and they are a non-profit free group that connects parents of children with rare gene disoders, and they were able to send me a list of about 15 parents with children with the gene deletion. The exact one. WOW!!! I emailed about 5 I think that were in the states, and I got 4 responses! And who would know but one that I emailed lives in Utah and is MORMON!!! What a small world! I'm so glad I have found these people, especially the one who's daughter can walk normally with the gene deletion and also had the tethered cord! Oh I totally forgot where I was headed after the email part! Anyways, hubby gave me a "honey do" list (as I've done to him TONS of times) and that was so helpful for me because I finally got my sewing room REALLY cleaned because of that list! And the rest of the house got cleaned too with help from hubby and the teen, so all in all, it was a good thing to do! And I've got more sewing projects too, so I've been super busy on those. I'm making pillow owls and a pillow elephant with button eyes for Grace, and pictures will follow soon. I will also be making a crayon/tablet holder for Grace for church, and will teach her how to draw with it once it's done! And then Pam and I will be making (oh, that's my friend for those of you who don't know!) quiet books together for Grace and her grandchild, so that will be fun too! I just love knowing she uses things I make her!!! (Grace)
Yesterday I went to the adult session, while Hubby stayed home to watch Grace. It was my first experience with Stake Conference, and it was nice to spend it with my best friend Pam. I just love her so much! She and I worked together at the Emergency Preparedness table helping the members of the church update their files, and after that I signed hubby and I up to work with the Mormons Helping Hands. Pam and I will be working at Registration while Brad is workin' the grill! That will also be my first experience with the Mormon Helping Hands, so I'm excited to see how that goes too.
I'm so excited that it's almost February 1st! That's when I start my "Countdown to Valentine's Day!!!" This is my first time doing it, so I'm excited to see how it turns out. I have most of the fits made, but the ones that aren't will be my late night sewing projects!! And I almost have hubby's countdown done, but will need to work on that especially tonight, as it hasn't even been started. And of course there will be pictures of everything I am talking about!!!
Well, time for some Dulce de leche cheesecake with my little one, so ta ta for now!!
Amanda
Delicious and Simple! 3 Dutch Oven Dinners
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)