Friday, January 28, 2011

Mommy's Birthday

Today was a good day. Actually, it was a great day! One of the best by far that I've had in a while! In the morning, Grace and I got to visit and play for a bit while Daddy slept in, and so I fed her, checked my blog and Facebook, and then went to get her dressed. After this I took her in my room to play while I got ready for the day, and called my Grandma because she'd called just a few minutes earlier. We got out of the house in the later morning and we were going to go to Joanns for fabric because I had a $10 off coupon but darn it! I lost it. So we went to get the mail and then were going to just go ...I didn't know where at that point, and my grandma's birthday card was in there with a check in it! So of course we put it in my checking account for a later trip to Joanns, but went to eat first at Marie Callendars. Mmmm...soup and salad bar...YUM! After that, a 2 hour shopping trip at Joanns, and by the end of it, I'd bought just 8 different colored rick racks for Grace's "colors" quiet book, a zipper, and...that's it! The fabric was just SO expensive!! And there was a lot of me talking myself out of buying fabric that was definitely NOT on sale! We headed to Walmart afterwards, and I was so happy I didn't spend my money at Joanns. Even though Walmart doesn't have the bulk fabric, they still have quite a bit, so I was able to buy enough fabric for 5 other projects that I want to make! And then...while we were walking down the aisle at Wally world...something caught my eye...CLEARANCE!!! They had TONS of Fleece on clearance for $2 for 2 1/2 yards!! So I grabbed 6 sets of that, and another two that were $3 for 2 1/2 yards...one pooh bear fleece and one Care bear!! SWEET!

Lets see...after that we were definitely shopped out, so we came home, put Grace down for her first nap of the day...WOW...three hours late. I got a call from my mother/father -in-laws for my birthday and so we talked for a bit, and then I worked on one of the projects I'd bought that day!!! Finished it up in about 1/2 an hour!

Here's Grace's new diaper bag. The other one was just getting boring, nothing else wrong with it though...Oh, and I didn't make it!!!

That's the flap that goes over the opening...the bag is also reversible. And you can't tell but I LOVE OWLS and this owl bag is actually quilted, so it's even more cute!
Look how much stuff fits inside, and I'm not even done filling it. That little diaper holder I made up by myself, no pattern, no picture to copy, no nothing. Aren't I talented?! Holds I think about 7 diapers and then 1/4 of a pack of wipes. Those rag looking things are her diaper rags, and the things to the left are her Carnation Instant Breakfast that she drinks every day (for calories). I'm going to make a holder for those too so they stay together. I wish I could've made pockets on the outside and inside but it's only one layer and all the stitching marks would show and that would have been ugly!
Here's a closer view of my diaper holder! So cute!!!


And the inside of the bag when it's empty. More cute owls!!! A job well done I would say! It was so cute because Grace kept pointing at the owls when she first saw the bag. We went to Sam's club and had the bag sitting next to her and she kept pointing at them. So I told her they were owls, and owls say, "whoooo whoooo" and withing 10 minutes (if that) she was saying it too!!! And she was so cute because she kept laying her head on the bag, and I'd stroke her head and say, "aw, what a sweet baby. What a sweet girl. I love you Grace, just oh so much." And she just sucked it all in!!!

We came home, and Grace went down by 8 pm which is crazy!! Awesome, but weird all the same. We'll see if she lasts through the night, and then if she lasts until at least 8. Hm...lets hope so! Hubby and I watched a movie while having yummy non-sushi sushi for dinner and cheesecake for dessert. A great way to end the night :) Other than me struggling to figure out how to get the videos off our video camera, I can't complain about today!!


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)