Thursday, January 20, 2011

Water PT Today was GREAT!

I am so excited to be able to share this great experience with everyone that reads the blog, and I know that when Grace gets older and I've had this published, then she will get to enjoy reading it too. Anywho...lets get started. There's the video for you to watch too!



So the entire session just started out great. Grace was able to have a complete nap, she ate snack while I drove there, and was all smiles while I was dressing her in her swimsuit. Her therapist (Elaina) quickly realized that Grace was so much happier than the last couple times, and commented quite a few times on how much healthier and happier Grace looked. She said her eyes looked clearer and sharper, and Grace smiled constantly! I really think she was feeling bad because of her being so clogged with her bowel issues. She was definitely a happy camper today! They worked on the kick board first, and then got the noodle and worked on there some with balance. Grace was so wiggly though! So they went to work on the ramp, and that's where the real wonderful stuff happened! Grace did great with walking/taking steps, and it took a lot less prompting from Elaina to take those steps! So they work on that for quite a while! And then came the step, which I loved. This was the first time Grace had worked on sitting on the step, so I didn't know what she would think of it, but she did GREAT!!!


I had to cut the video into 3 pieces I think because it was SO long, but if you just scroll from one to the next, you will see the most wonderful therapy session happening! Grace did so great sitting up on the step. She used to lunge forward at Elaina, whether it's because she felt unbalanced or nervous (I don't know really) but today she was just ready to shine! Elaina didn't even have to hold her! And when working on standing from sitting, Elaina didn't have to help that much to get her from sitting to standing, and then back to sitting!


I think the thing that overall amazed Elaina the most was the ability Grace had to pivot and shift weight to get the toys at her left and right sides! So to ask her to sit upright for the first time, then work on standing, and then to rotate is just so much for a little one and she did AWESOME!!! I just couldn't realize it, and so I videotaped her until my camera shut off from not having anymore memory space!


I think out of everything, I loved watching the excitement on her face. You can tell that she was proud of herself, and she knew that mommy was proud of her too! And I think, overall, that's what I want her to know, and I try to instill into her EVERY SINGLE TIME I'm around her. I don't want her thinking for one second I'm not proud, because it's not true!!! She's an amazingly awesome child, and she's MINE!!

Working on the noodle...doesn't it look like she's going to kiss it! Actually, she was pretty nervous on the noodle, as it's a huge balance worker.
What a silly crooked smile!
I like this one! Shows off her long hair, her relaxed feeling in Elaina's arms, and I just love it!
The cutest smile IN THE WORLD!!
She loves splashing, which is what she's doing now!


Well, it won't let me load anymore pictures, so I guess I've hit my max. I'm going to post the rest later in the day, (seeing as it's already 1 am) because Grace has PALS playday today at 9:30!


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)