Monday, February 7, 2011

99, 100, 101...

Well Grace got up to 101 this morning...at 1 am...dangit! I was busy sewing and started hearing her cough really nasty, so I went in to check on her. She was super hot, so I changed her to a lighter outfit and took her temp, which rang true at 101. This sucks. I hate having a sick little one, especially since she doesn't act sick so we can't tell unless it's a fever or something like that. So I gave her Tylenol, tried to give her a drink of water to help sooth her throat (I don't know..would that even help?) and put her back to bed while I went to call the advice nurse. She said to make an appt with the doc (duh) but that she doesn't sound like an emergency. (well, then why do I feel so helpless??? Seriously, it's like I don't know what more I can do as a mom to help her, so give her to the experts to have them figure out what's going on!!) Anyways, I went to elevate her bed, and tried to see if she would fall asleep, but no. So I took the swing downstairs (well, Daddy did) and turned the tv on to something she'd like. She was wide awake from the coughing, and I was about to pass out from utter exhaustion. (I know, I should have went to bed at 10 or so, but who cares about me!! I gotta be sure the gifts are done for the v-day countdown!) So I fell asleep pretty quick but I guess she was up till about 4, which is when Daddy went to put her in bed. He woke me at 5 to go to bed, and then Grace was up at 8. I made an appointment to see the doctor at 3:15, but after emailing him, he said to go in at 10:45 and he's squeeze us in. How nice! Now I hope this isn't one of those visits where I pass off $20 and all he says is, "Hm, not an ear infection. Just ride it out." WHAT???? No way! I'm expecting some drugs to ease the cough, and something to tell us why she's doing all this and has been sick for so long! we'll see...maybe my expectations are too high...


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)