Mommy
I have bronchitis. If the medication doesn't help in 5 days, I have to get a chest x-ray. The rest of the family has started coughing, so I'm hoping I haven't shared my yuck with everyone else...
I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends. I went to church but was not feeling well at all, so my good friend Pam followed me home and took Grace back with her while Brad and I rested and called the doctor. We picked her up and she went down for nap, so I did too. Seriously, Brad and I have slept 95% of the day! We both feel so yucky, but mine is much worse as I let it progress too long before doing anything about it. Then Pam brought over lasagna for dinner and did cleaned my kitchen for me! (I got up to get the door and took a basket of laundry upstairs, and by the time I got back downstairs, I felt the elephant standing on my chest again). She is such a sweetie. She also took some of my shirts that need ironing :) And tomorrow, another friend will be bringing dinner to us. I love my friends. And Grace has coped pretty well. It's like she understood mommy wasn't feeling well. I was camped out on the couch all day, and she would come visit, then go off and play. Daddy took over care for her, so all I had to do was kiss her goodnight, and she's tucked into bed already. Sweet girl. I've started my medication, so hopefully it will help. The doctor also gave me an inhaler, but said it might make me feel "high" and give me an adrenaline rush (heart racing, me feeling like I've got tons of energy) so I'm holding off on that till I really need it. I'm cooking the brownies that Pam brought over, and sweet Brad went to get me powdered donuts (I know, I'm craving like I'm pregnant! Which I'm not) so I will be loaded with yummy goodness this evening. I sure hope this doesn't get passed to Grace, as she's been coughing a lot more today (same with Kailyn). And Grace's IFSP meeting is Tuesday, so I don't know if I'm still contagious after I take the meds? I will probably cancel her therapies, but not that meeting. And I was supposed to go to the Temple with Pam on Wednesday while another friend is watching Grace, but I don't think I can make it to the Temple feeling like this. But the friend still offered to watch Grace so I can rest, so I will definitely take her up on it! I need to let people help, which I'm NOT good at! It was hard just sitting there while Pam cleaned my kitchen. But I am so blessed with good friends... :)
Amanda
Delicious and Simple! 3 Dutch Oven Dinners
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)