Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cookin' Mama

It's come to my attention that brad really misses the "home-cooked, dinner on the table with the family" meals. I had just gotten so wrapped up with Grace and all her therapies and my lack of energy that I had stopped, and we were pretty much eating by ourselves whenever we were hungry. So I've started up cooking again, and I've had a menu set up for a while now that has a different meal every day for one month, and we just continue to go by that menu as the months go on (that was the plan anyways). So I'm back to that. We've had cooked meals together for about 5 days now, minus our date night "In N Out" meal last night! Tonight is Tamale Pie with Corn Fritters on the side and I'm excited to say this is my first time making both! Mmm...sounds good too! We'll see how it turns out. The fun thing about the menu is that it's all from food storage food, so we don't have to shop for anything for the meals. And now that we have a $60 a month budget for anything we need, I'm glad we have chickens for eggs and powdered milk! And I'm also glad I have tubs of butter in the freezer so we don't have to buy much of anything! And $60 a month is definitely doable, because there's nothing we need that's not food items, and food item wise we don't need anything at this point so we're good!


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)