New Signs...and Language
I can't believe how fast this kid is learning signs! I think I posted about it before, but I had to be sure that she did know the new sign by asking her during days that we didn't ever use the sign, or show it to her. So while we were waiting for Daddy to get out of his eye doctors appt, I asked her, "Grace, what's the sign for baby?" And she rocked her arm, and then put her two arms together!! And I said, "Grace, what's the sign for book?" And she did the sign with one hand!! WOW! We've been working on shoe, which is two fists bumped together at the thumbs. After showing it to her (hand over hand technique) I asked her, "What's the sign for shoe?" and she did it!!! That's pretty good knowing that she can remember it after we'd just worked on it! We are also working on cracker, but since that's a pretty hard one, it will take a while. She is supposed to tap her closed hand on her other elbow for that.
OH! I almost forgot. A couple nights ago we were having dinner, and I wanted to start working with her on actually using her voice with the words rather than just signing. So it was a good 10 minutes that she and I worked on "more." She would watch me say it, and as her little mouth mimicked what mine was doing, I could just see the wheels in her head turning! She got so close to saying more too! First, it was "mmm", and as we continued working together, and she saw that I rounded my lips after the "mmm" she understood that there was another sound she had to make! So then she went to saying "mmm-rrr." WOW!!! YES YES YES YES!! That's amazing isn't it! And now, whenever I say "do you want more?" she signs it, but then when I say, "you need to say it...more" she does! "mmmrrr." Good girl!!
Amanda
Delicious and Simple! 3 Dutch Oven Dinners
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)