Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's Finally HERE!!!!

I am so excited it's February! Holy cow I finally get to start my Valentine Countdown! Ahh. All my sewing hours put in after Grace goes to bed will finally pay off. I just can't wait to hang those bags on their doorknobs and for them to open them in the morning to their goodies! And I can't wait for honey to open his first countdown bag and see what fun stuff we get to do. I am really enjoying everything about sewing right about now!

We went shopping tonight...well, seeing how it's 1:51 am, I guess it was last night, but who's keeping track?? Anyways, we got a bunch of fabric again! Walmart is trying to get rid of their stock, so everything is super cheap. I got a quilt set for Grace so I can make her a quilt, a bunch of squares to make a quilt for our bed at the cabin, and another purple with flowers kit quilt. Also got some felt for Grace's quiet book that will be started soon. Oh, and earlier in the day Grace and I went to Joanns and got flannel for her quiet book because it was SO much cheaper than pellon, and on top of that, it was on SALE!!! I also got fabric for one of the teens Valentine countdown gifts. All the gifts will be captured for our memories the night I get them in the bag, so all can see them daily!!!

Can you believe that I made 1 complete skirt in 30 minutes, and another one is almost done in about an hour??? I am getting so fast! And these particular patterns I've made before, so I didn't have to follow the directions, so it was all that much faster! And I finished up my "LOVE" hanging sign for downstairs, so that will go up in the morning because I'm waiting for the glue to dry, and I got so many other activities done but can't talk about because the hubby might come on here to peek at what I'm doing for his birthday!!! But I oh so WISH I could tell! I told the teen tonight...I couldn't hold it in!! I just HAD to tell someone. And I even showed her her super retro but totally awesome owl pillow I made her and she LOVED IT!!! Totally freaked out and wanted it right then, but she has to wait until whatever day I decide to put it in her bag :) I'm definitely going to make one for Grace. I also made one for a son of a friend who just lost his little sister...hoping it will give him something to hug!

My friend and I are going to start a diet together. Nothing really crazy, just reminding ourselves not to take seconds, not to take huge servings, and to stop eating past a certain time that we come up with. And we are both hoping to lose 20 pounds, so we'll see how I do.

OH!! I almost didn't write it!! Grace did something AMAZING today! I was sitting on the toilet watching her stand up to the tub, which is parallel to the toilet. So she was standing there, and then put her right hand on my right knee. I thought, "no way is she going to pivot to standing in FRONT of me???" And SHE DID!!! It was her first time EVER pivoting or moving from one thing to another while standing! YES! She went right hand, right foot, left hand, left foot. Great job GRACE!!! I was so excited I gave her a huge hug, huger kisses (is that a word??) and the hugest scream "YES!!!!" She of course looked at me like I was crazy but that's ok. She was also able to stand at the wall, facing it, while reaching for toys to her left and right, and, with A LOT of whining and prodding, was able to side step at the wall. It's hard for her to do those things at the wall because she's got nothing to grip onto, and she can't lean on the wall! She was also able to stand with her back facing the couch for about 20 minutes while I showed her some new toys she got from a friend/neighbor! So more wonderful things going on. Oh, and in two days she has her MRI, but it might be postponed because she's got a runny nose still. I'll have to call in and see what they say.

I should really be getting to bed, seeing how it's 2 am and she's got therapy at 9.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)