Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February 2nd

"Though we cannot understand 'the meaning of all things', we do know that God loveth his children."

I think this one has a huge impact on me when thinking about my daughter. I don't understand why she has all her developmental issues, and I don't understand why she was given to me, as I don't believe I'm strong enough for her. But I do know that God loves me, and loves Grace, and has given us each other for a reason. And because I know this, I will continue to strive to do the best I can for Grace. The best I know I can do. And yes, there are times that I get frustrated about what's going on, and disappointed that she isn't at normal growth rates, but I am going to try to remember this saying, to remember that God does love us, and that there's a reason Grace was given to us to care for.

I think another aspect of my life that I don't understand was my past. There was a lot of negativity and hurt in my past that many people shouldn't have to see, that I shouldn't have seen and had to live with. And still today, I am dealing with wondering why those things happened around me and to me. But I remember now, (because I didn't remember it than) that God loves me, and if I use my past for good, (as a lesson) than I will know how to help others that might go through a similar background. I know that it's already helped me with helping another person in my life who's daughter went through similar issues. And thought I would rather not know who needs me, I know that I was given that past because I would be a direct help for people. If I hadn't of had my past, than how would I have known how to help the people in my present and future? So, though I don't understand completely what the future brings for me, I can see now, in the present, how what's happened to me has helped, and is helping.


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)