The key to happiness is not being loved, but having someone to love.
I'm so glad I have someone to love. And not just one someone, but many of them. When I was younger, I used to always think that I was going to grow up to be alone, live alone, not marry, and not have kids. I didn't want to have anyone to love, because the idea of losing them, or maybe even losing them, was just going to hurt so bad that I didn't even want the risk of putting myself in that situation! But I am SO glad that I allowed myself to love someone. I am SO glad that my life is about my husband, my daughter, and the extended family. I am so glad that I'm sealed to them, and that I can love them as much as I want, and continue that love after they've left this world, because they will still be there, waiting. I need to remember, also, to love other MORE than myself. I was very selfish when I was younger. And I can still see it flare up, even now, years later. But if I'm loving myself, than others won't want to love me, because that would just be too much love for one person (in my head anyways). Sometimes, I even go so far as to love those that I don't know. I love my bishop, because he leads our ward in the right direction. I love the Prophet, because he is our one way to hear direction from our Heavenly Father...other than by praying. I love the elderly lady walking down the street smiling, because she helped me realize that the world is beautiful, and to look around and smile too. I love the therapists that work with my daughter, because they are teaching her, and I, life skills that she will use forever, and I'm so thankful for that. There are so many people to love...so make sure you are loving someone other than yourself.

Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)