February 5th
I am only one, but still I am one, I cannot do everything, but I can do something and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do. Edward Everett Hale
The something that I've learned that I can do is my best. And at times, I have surprised myself by doing better than my best. Whether it's with the hubby, or with the daughter, or another member of the family, I've caught those extremely rare occasions that I've done better than my best. I am only one, and the more I realize that, then the more I can start to realize that I can't do it all, and so I need to stop trying to take the worlds weight onto my shoulders. There are many times that I try to handle my problems, and then I try to handle Grace's too, and then my husbands feelings and frustrations come upon my shoulders. Faster and faster it all builds up, because I want to do everything, and fix things for everyone. But I am only one. So I can be there for my husband, to listen, to love, and to help when he asks, and I can be there for Grace by getting her the therapy, and working with her at home, and definitely by loving her, but in the end, they have and will be able to do it for themselves. So because I am one and can do those things since I AM one, I will. I will continue to do for myself and others as much as 1 person can, because if we don't help ourselves, and help one another to an extent, than we are doing all we can do. I will never refuse to do what I can. Even if the day is hard, and my back aches, and my legs are tired, and my eyes keep shutting, I will continue to strive to do what I can. Because if I don't, than I'm refusing, and I DON'T give up!
Delicious and Simple! 3 Dutch Oven Dinners
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)