Monday, February 28, 2011

Grace Working with her No-No's

Grace's water therapist let us borrow these to help work with Grace on her wall standing. She's so uncomfortable on her feet without us helping her because she's got the worst balance, so we've had to resort to these so that she can't bend her legs and get down. I know, that's mean! But we want her to realize that she CAN stand up on her own!!

Here's Grace waiting for Mommy to help her up with the No-No's on. I was surprised to see how well she could move around! She actually did some push-ups on her toes!

Doing pushups! She actually got to the sitting position too, as when I put them on her, she was on her back!

Grace working out her legs! We used a toy Zeus to keep her occupied!!
Good girl reaching to the side! That's something we have her do during workout times is to try to shift her weight around.

Lounging with Mommy afterwards. I love cuddling with her, but she's always so busy she doesn't want to cuddle. But this time I got some cuddle time!!



She did pretty good this time! Doesn't last too long, but that's ok. All that matters is that she's up for whatever amount of time her little body can handle. I'm just so glad she tries, and doesn't just throw a fit right from the beginning! Our hopes with this is that she will realize she can stand on her own on the wall and not be scared. If this doesn't work in a while, hm...I don't really know what we will try next. Maybe braces on her legs.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)